The Student Room Group

brampton manor acceptance

hi im a y11 currently abt to do my winter mocks n i was wondering how well exactly i have to do in all my subjects if i want a chance to get into brampton manor sf for sep '24, any advice from people who currently go there?
Reply 1
Original post by chahats
hi im a y11 currently abt to do my winter mocks n i was wondering how well exactly i have to do in all my subjects if i want a chance to get into brampton manor sf for sep '24, any advice from people who currently go there?

Hey,let me honest with you,GET ALL 9S (aim to get everything 9s) because even when they have a minimum grade on their website bare people appply to that school so high competition.Furthermore,this year my friend got one 9 and rest like 8s,she didnt get in same with me.they only take people in who gets 9s in 5 or more subjects.Good luckkk
Reply 2
Original post by .,...
Hey,let me honest with you,GET ALL 9S (aim to get everything 9s) because even when they have a minimum grade on their website bare people appply to that school so high competition.Furthermore,this year my friend got one 9 and rest like 8s,she didnt get in same with me.they only take people in who gets 9s in 5 or more subjects.Good luckkk

that’s what i was aiming for anyway, but kinda started feeling a bit unsure as i’m getting closer. based on my mocks in y10 im predicted 9s for 9 of my subjects but predicted grades rlly don’t mean anything so it’s stressing me out 😭 but tysm for ur reply
Reply 3
Original post by chahats
that’s what i was aiming for anyway, but kinda started feeling a bit unsure as i’m getting closer. based on my mocks in y10 im predicted 9s for 9 of my subjects but predicted grades rlly don’t mean anything so it’s stressing me out 😭 but tysm for ur reply

lemme tell u something u can gets Us in your mocks and get all 9s in your real GCSE and u can still get into brampton.for a condition offer the school predicted me all 7s but i knew i was smarter so i had to change so like two of them to 9s on the predicted cause like yk i cant change everything.then i had an online meeting thing in jan or feb where they confirm ur options for alevels and ask u why u want to go there.btw this only lasts less than 10 mins,some of my friends finished about in 4 minutes.then they tell u that after gcse they will be an induction day then on gcse results day u will submit ur grades and they will respond to u within a day about the offer.Btw u getting 9s for 9 subjects is good,keeping going.dont rely on the mocks do self test and revsion for urself.Revise as if you just got All U's and 1's for your mocks.do this just for less than a year bro and trust me you will gets the grades you deserve.
Original post by .,...
lemme tell u something u can gets Us in your mocks and get all 9s in your real GCSE and u can still get into brampton.for a condition offer the school predicted me all 7s but i knew i was smarter so i had to change so like two of them to 9s on the predicted cause like yk i cant change everything.then i had an online meeting thing in jan or feb where they confirm ur options for alevels and ask u why u want to go there.btw this only lasts less than 10 mins,some of my friends finished about in 4 minutes.then they tell u that after gcse they will be an induction day then on gcse results day u will submit ur grades and they will respond to u within a day about the offer.Btw u getting 9s for 9 subjects is good,keeping going.dont rely on the mocks do self test and revsion for urself.Revise as if you just got All U's and 1's for your mocks.do this just for less than a year bro and trust me you will gets the grades you deserve.

wait yk how you said u changed ur predicted grades did it work for u?
Reply 5
Original post by .,...

update i js finished w my mocks last week and will get the results back js in time for applications !! kinda nervous for how they went i dont think i could have done as well as i could have but im thinking minimum 5 9s and then 6 8s. ik its not good enough to guarantee me a spot but if it helps im hoping for 9s in all the subjects i want to take further in A level so maybe that’ll make up for it. fingers crossed !!
Reply 6
Original post by chahats
update i js finished w my mocks last week and will get the results back js in time for applications !! kinda nervous for how they went i dont think i could have done as well as i could have but im thinking minimum 5 9s and then 6 8s. ik its not good enough to guarantee me a spot but if it helps im hoping for 9s in all the subjects i want to take further in A level so maybe that’ll make up for it. fingers crossed !!

UPDATE! im currently getting my y11 mocks back so far ive gotten :

computing : 9
french : 9
maths : 9
physics : 9
history : 9
music: 9
rs: 9
chem: 9
eng lit: 9
eng lang: 9
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by chahats

dont go branny just go comprehensive and learn how to grind resell like used gum and stuff
Reply 8
Original post by jalils
dont go branny just go comprehensive and learn how to grind resell like used gum and stuff

wym by that😭
Reply 9
Original post by jalils

real talk 😂😂
Reply 10
Original post by chahats

Hey! I've been going to Brampton Manor since y7 and I'm currently in y12, these mock results are great! Just so you know, if you're applying for humanities courses, your grade requirements are generally lower (7) compared to STEM courses (9). Though, you should attempt at 9s in humanities if you want those courses regardless. In my GCSEs, my grades ranged from 4-9, and I'm now studying English Literature, Sociology, Psychology and RE; I'm sure you'll do fine!
Reply 11
Original post by chahats

eng lit: 9
eng lang: 9

Well Done,keep up the hard work.I will be waiting to hear from u this year results day good luck.
:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by jisradth
Hey! I've been going to Brampton Manor since y7 and I'm currently in y12, these mock results are great! Just so you know, if you're applying for humanities courses, your grade requirements are generally lower (7) compared to STEM courses (9). Though, you should attempt at 9s in humanities if you want those courses regardless. In my GCSEs, my grades ranged from 4-9, and I'm now studying English Literature, Sociology, Psychology and RE; I'm sure you'll do fine!

i wanna apply for maths, further maths, econ and politics but ty for ur advice! i’ve heard that these results don’t rly matter tho and its the final gcse grades that count so ill be grinding for a few months now 😭
Original post by .,...

Do they care about predicted grades? My school only do february mocks and in ur10 i wasn’t as serious so my grades vary from 7-9.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending