The Student Room Group

I need help with computer science

Hello, at the start of the computer science course, I found it really easy and interesting but now it’s 2 months before gcse and I do not get anything, I find it really hard to understand the topics in computer science, I cannot code and when I try and watch videos on the topics (I’m a visual learner) it hurts my brain because it’s mostly text. Can anyone recommend a channel like cognito but focuses on computer science and any websites that could help me code. Thank you 😭
Original post by Bluelilies
Hello, at the start of the computer science course, I found it really easy and interesting but now it’s 2 months before gcse and I do not get anything, I find it really hard to understand the topics in computer science, I cannot code and when I try and watch videos on the topics (I’m a visual learner) it hurts my brain because it’s mostly text. Can anyone recommend a channel like cognito but focuses on computer science and any websites that could help me code. Thank you 😭

hey! :smile:
here's 2 channels I sometimes use:
https://www.youtube.com/@revisecomputerscience/videos
https://www.youtube.com/@ComputerScienceTutor

also ik some of my friends have tried using seneca for computer science, but idk how effective that is :confused:
maybe if you've got a cgp revision guide, you could also use that, just to understand the topics?
Reply 2

CGP guide is the most comprehensive (trust me here!). Some subjects - you've just gotta memorise stuff and CompSci at GCSE is one such example.

For the programming, there tends to be patterns you can pick up in terms of the style of questions they ask. If you pick that up, you'll be fine.
isaac computer science , cs news. s1perry, craigndave, revision guides ... take your pick
Reply 4
Original post by infamous.nugget
hey! :smile:
here's 2 channels I sometimes use:
https://www.youtube.com/@revisecomputerscience/videos
https://www.youtube.com/@ComputerScienceTutor
also ik some of my friends have tried using seneca for computer science, but idk how effective that is :confused:
maybe if you've got a cgp revision guide, you could also use that, just to understand the topics?

Hii thanks for that but I already use Seneca and mrbrownCS but I still don’t get the topics 😭 I genuinely think I’m broken (mentally) but would you perhaps have any more recommendations?
Hii thanks for that but I already use Seneca and mrbrownCS but I still don’t get the topics 😭 I genuinely think I’m broken (mentally) but would you perhaps have any more recommendations?

maybe a cgp revision guide?
Reply 6

Have you tried Craig n Dave? I've already talked about the CGP guide being the most comprehensive but Craig n Dave is also very good for giving you all the info you need (but the videos are a bit boring in terms of the tone of voice during the whole video).
Reply 7
Original post by vnayak
Have you tried Craig n Dave? I've already talked about the CGP guide being the most comprehensive but Craig n Dave is also very good for giving you all the info you need (but the videos are a bit boring in terms of the tone of voice during the whole video).

Yeah I have
Reply 8
Original post by vnayak
CGP guide is the most comprehensive (trust me here!). Some subjects - you've just gotta memorise stuff and CompSci at GCSE is one such example.
For the programming, there tends to be patterns you can pick up in terms of the style of questions they ask. If you pick that up, you'll be fine.

Alr I’ll try using my cgp book
Reply 9
Original post by Spectralite
isaac computer science , cs news. s1perry, craigndave, revision guides ... take your pick

Thank youuuu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending