The Student Room Group

Nursing placement

If I have failed a four week placement do the hours still count or do I need to make them up like if I was off sick as make up time?
Original post by Simz00
If I have failed a four week placement do the hours still count or do I need to make them up like if I was off sick as make up time?

Whether the hours of a failed four-week placement count or not would typically depend on the policies and agreements in place between you and the organization where you were placed. In most cases, if you've completed the hours as agreed upon, they would still count towards your total hours worked.
However, if the failure of the placement leads to a requirement to make up the hours or if there are specific contractual obligations regarding the completion of the placement successfully in order for the hours to count, then you may need to make them up or negotiate alternative arrangements.
It's important to refer to any contracts, agreements, or policies that you've signed or agreed to regarding the placement to understand the specific terms and conditions regarding this situation. Additionally, discussing the situation with your supervisor or the appropriate contact person at the organization where you were placed can provide clarity on what steps need to be taken next.
Reply 2
Original post by Hunter Ibarra
Whether the hours of a failed four-week placement count or not would typically depend on the policies and agreements in place between you and the organization where you were placed. In most cases, if you've completed the hours as agreed upon, they would still count towards your total hours worked.
However, if the failure of the placement leads to a requirement to make up the hours or if there are specific contractual obligations regarding the completion of the placement successfully in order for the hours to count, then you may need to make them up or negotiate alternative arrangements.
It's important to refer to any contracts, agreements, or policies that you've signed or agreed to regarding the placement to understand the specific terms and conditions regarding this situation. Additionally, discussing the situation with your supervisor or the appropriate contact person at the organization where you were placed can provide clarity on what steps need to be taken next.

In nursing, it's down to the university, not the placement provider, whether or not the hours from a failed placement count. Anything "contract" or agreement is with the university.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Simz00

Failing placement and being off sick are two completely seperate things. Yes, the hours you've completed on the failed placement still count... after retrieval, you'll just have completed 4 weeks' more hours than everyone else (and hopefully also passed!)
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending