The Student Room Group

SOAS or City for law

I have three offers, but I'm mainly considering SOAS or City for law. After uni I want to go into corporate law, which one would be better? Which will top firms consider more?
SOAS is part of the university of London which means you can use UCL and other facilities. You can also take intercollegiate modules and I believe SOAS has a better reputation. I’m leaning towards choosing SOAS myself
Original post by Rv18
I have three offers, but I'm mainly considering SOAS or City for law. After uni I want to go into corporate law, which one would be better? Which will top firms consider more?
SOAS is one of my choices too. They are often in UCAS Clearing too but so are City, QMUL, RHUL, Goldsmiths and Birbeck too.

I would choose SOAS, as they have a better reputation and you can choose to study a paper like Taxation at one of LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL or Birbeck.

Also, for me, SOAS is a direct train on the Elizabeth line to Tottenham Court Road and short walk to the SOAS campus. :smile:
I’m trying to decide between City and SOAS too, I feel like more people know about City, even Though SOAS is generally better for Law from what I’ve gathered. SOAS has a better reputation amongst firms etc I think, so I’m leaning more towards that choice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending