The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Official SOAS Applicant Day Thread for 2024

Welcome to the official SOAS Applicant Day Thread for 2024! Here you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and if you have any questions regarding SOAS, I'd be happy to answer them!

Below are some ice breaker questions
"Describe yourself"
"What course are you applying to?"
"Why SOAS?"
"Will you be attending the Applicant Day?"
"How are you feeling about starting university?"

Good luck and happy posting!
Reply 1
weird question but can parents come?
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
i’ve gotten an offer for law with year abroad. im an international student and the people i know at soas have told me that the accommodation offered is really bad. are there any other accommodation companies i can go through?
Original post by sofiafia
Hi @sofiafia - yes absolutely!
Original post by Anonymous #1
i’ve gotten an offer for law with year abroad. im an international student and the people i know at soas have told me that the accommodation offered is really bad. are there any other accommodation companies i can go through?
There's a variety of housing options to match your needs, budget and taste - all in close proximity to campus. Accommodation applications open in March - and you'll be able to apply for accommodation once you've accepted you offer.

Dinwiddy House - top choice for undergraduates who want self-catered halls close to the creative hubs of Angel, Camden and Kings Cross (walk to SOAS in 15-20 minutes)

The Stay Club - a range of self-contained studios in Camden and Kentish Town.There are study spaces, a gym, courtyard, and café on site (walk to SOAS in 25-35 minutes)

Wood Green Hall - you will live with students from universities around the city. There are a variety of room types to suit your lifestyle and budget, with a garden, gym, common room, and café (get to SOAS by tube in under 25 minutes)

Urbanest St Pancras - situated by Regent's Canal in the newly regenerated King's Cross area,
Urbanest is right in the centre of London with access to shopping, nightlife, and great places to eat
(walk to SOAS in 25 minutes)

If you have any other questions, very happy to help!

Katie 🙂
Reply 5
Original post by sofiafia
im pretty sure they can, im bringing my cousin along with me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending