The Student Room Group

University tips for a powerpoint for my girlfriend

Hi guys, so ive been in this relationship for 5 years now! And she's starting uni this year and I am in my first year (she deferred). Ive compiled all the tips I can into a powerpoint. We are both autistic so preparation is SO IMPORTANT!! But I'm worried I have missed some things!!

Would you guys mind dropping a few things in the replies that you wish you'd known before university? As well as some tips of long distance relationships, and tips for autistic people in university. Thanks!!
Original post by ethersea
Hi guys, so ive been in this relationship for 5 years now! And she's starting uni this year and I am in my first year (she deferred). Ive compiled all the tips I can into a powerpoint. We are both autistic so preparation is SO IMPORTANT!! But I'm worried I have missed some things!!
Would you guys mind dropping a few things in the replies that you wish you'd known before university? As well as some tips of long distance relationships, and tips for autistic people in university. Thanks!!

Hi @ethersea

This is a lovely idea!

Personal management is key at university as you have lots of things to fit into your week. I love to make lists and to write out my week to stay organised. If they don't have one already, maybe your girlfriend could get a weekly planner to stay on top of everything. I know Flying Tiger recently had a wipe board one that would be great!

Another top tip is to try and get involved in as much as you can - especially in the first few weeks and at Freshers'. This doesn't necessarily have to be drinking and partying. Here at BCU we have a societies and Fresher's Fair where there's lots of freebies and opportunity to meet people. There's usually quiz nights or sports events. This is where I met most of my friends at uni so its a great time to explore the campus and city.

Some key things to pack if you haven't got them already are some sliders or indoor shoes for walking around your flat, an extension cable as I never seem to have enough plugs! Clothes hangers, a dressing gown or something comfy for when you get out of the shower. And drawing pins/push pins for adding things to your noticeboard if there is one.

I also wish I'd known how many lounge/comfy clothes I would need! I love to get dressed everyday to go out, but honestly I have so many days at uni where I want to be in pjs or comfy clothes.

Best of luck with the presentation and to your girlfriend! :smile:
Emily
Student Rep at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending