The Student Room Group

Interview at University of Wolverhampton for PGCE

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had been for an interview at University of Wolverhampton for PGCE and can give me any advice on their experience?
I’ve been for a school assessment day for a school direct programme and I had a positive response saying if I am successful at my interview with the university they will offer me a place. So I really want to do well at the interview.
The subject my PGCE is for social science. I’ve got to do a ten minute presentation on a social science subject so I’m going to do Health and Social Care as if I’m presenting the subject on an open day for sixth formers.

Many thanks
Reply 1
Hi, Have you had your interview yet? How did it go? I have an interview for PGCE Psychology on Monday and have to deliver a presentation on one of the major specifications of Psychology as if presenting on an open day. They haven't really given much information on it (whether I'm required to do a PowerPoint or not etc.)... all a bit confusing :/Do you have any advice? Many Thanks! x
Hi there, Did you do this? I have an interview next week on Monday and some advice would be great.Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Hey,

Yep I had the interview. Are you going for Psych or Social Science?

The interview was really nice and relaxed - don't feel nervous or anything. I had to deliver a presentation to just one person. The written task was just to write about why Psychology was important to teach and also which part of Psychology I find the hardest. And the interview was pretty much what you would expect (again to just one person). If it is the same person who interviewed me (which I'm sure it is) then you have nothing to worry about he's really lovely and makes a point to remove any stress from the process so he can get a real idea of who the interviewee is.

More than happy to answer any other questions or help with a layout for the presentation if you need it.

Best of luck x
Original post by Yas..96
Hey,

Yep I had the interview. Are you going for Psych or Social Science?

The interview was really nice and relaxed - don't feel nervous or anything. I had to deliver a presentation to just one person. The written task was just to write about why Psychology was important to teach and also which part of Psychology I find the hardest. And the interview was pretty much what you would expect (again to just one person). If it is the same person who interviewed me (which I'm sure it is) then you have nothing to worry about he's really lovely and makes a point to remove any stress from the process so he can get a real idea of who the interviewee is.

More than happy to answer any other questions or help with a layout for the presentation if you need it.

Best of luck x

Hi Yas,

Aw that is absolutely amazing you have put my heart at rest completely! Thank you so much.
Do you take a powerpoint presentation, or is it just stood up presenting? I would love some help with the layout that would be really helpful. It is super reassuring that it is only one person!

How have you found the PGCE?

Thanks so much x
Also, I am going for Psychology! x
Hi everyone. Thought I would reply to this thread as I had an interview a few months ago for PGCE psychology at Wolverhampton and have recently accepted an offer so I will be starting in September!

The interview was really relaxed. I prepared a poster presentation as I wasn’t sure about the facilities I would need with me for a PowerPoint presentation I.e. laptop. So the task was to give a presentation to one member of staff on psychology as if you were presenting to pupils at a sixth form open evening. I just put all my information into a poster format and took it with me and just went through it with the interviewer. He was impressed and said he had never seen it presented like that before, so not sure what other people have been doing for their presentations.

After that, the interviewer asked me some standard interview questions that I don’t remember but I didn’t prepare for them so you should be fine answering on the spot. Then they gave me a paper test that had different questions on a varying range of topics from psychology and also a basic English and maths test that I had to take with me to a study area and complete. The interviewer came back after my time was up and took the test from me and that was it.

They told me that I would hear back within the next few weeks, but I actually received an offer that same day! So not sure if it varies but for me it was pretty quick.

Overall it was a good experience, very relaxed and not too difficult. For anyone with an upcoming interview, good luck and don’t worry! :smile:
Hi I am looking to apply for the PGCE psychology at Wolverhampton but the subject knowledge test is making me panic! What format does this take and do you get no prior guidance on what the topic could be on? Thanks :smile:
Hello, I have an interview in a week at Wolverhampton university for PGCE Psychology. How long was your presentation? Also, it says that I will have two written tasks, if its questions about topics in psychology, how much detail do you need to know? I haven't studied a level psychology for 7 years so i'm a bit worried.Any information would be extremely helpful!Thanks,Sophie
Hi, I have my interview on Monday and I'm feeling a bit anxious, what did you include in your presentation?xx
Im a year late but I hope you don’t mind answering how it went. I have one for social science pgce but they want me to do the presentation on psychology because of my work background. How was it ?
Reply 11
I have an interview for PGCE secondary maths at Wolverhampton uni in a few weeks, any tips?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Queen Carmiee
Im a year late but I hope you don’t mind answering how it went. I have one for social science pgce but they want me to do the presentation on psychology because of my work background. How was it ?

Hey I have applied for psychology pgce I'm unsure what to expect for the presentation part, how did you do and what was the whole experience like? Would be really helpful if you could explain, thank you
Original post by Queen Carmiee

Hi, I have applied for pgce psychology and am so nervous for the presentation portion of the process. How did yours go? Could you tell us more about the presentation and what you had to do? Would really appreciate your response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending