The Student Room Group

ADHD diagnosis

Hello :smile:
I have recently (last week) got diagnosed with ADHD and was wondering if this would have had an effect on my university offers? I already received all of them back (applied for 2024), but was curious to know if this would have had any impact on grades required etc.
The fact that you have had such a late diagnosis may mean that you didnt have the extra educational help you needed, and this may impact your eventual grades. This means a Uni may give you extra consideration in August if you miss your offer grades.

Its worth looking at the 'Mitigating Circumstances' process for all your Unis - or certainly the ones you intend to make F&I - there will be info on their websites. Some Unis will require you/your school to complete a specific form, others may just accept an emailed letter from your school. Look on the website and if you can't find the info, just phone/email the Uni and ask.

Its important to do all of this asap. Many Uni have a cut off date when they will no longer accept this sort of 'evidence'.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
The fact that you have had such a late diagnosis may mean that you didnt have the extra educational help you needed, and this may impact your eventual grades. This means a Uni may give you extra consideration in August if you miss your offer grades.
Its worth looking at the 'Mitigating Circumstances' process for all your Unis - or certainly the ones you intend to make F&I - there will be info on their websites. Some Unis will require you/your school to complete a specific form, others may just accept an emailed letter from your school. Look on the website and if you can't find the info, just phone/email the Uni and ask.
Its important to do all of this asap. Many Uni have a cut off date when they will no longer accept this sort of 'evidence'.

Thanks a lot for the reply! Would it be worth looking at Unis I didn't get an offer from as well?
Original post by Casus
Thanks a lot for the reply! Would it be worth looking at Unis I didn't get an offer from as well?

Realistically no - it wont make any difference to their decision.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Realistically no - it wont make any difference to their decision.

Ok, thanks a lot for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending