The Student Room Group

Paperwork for uni

How do I prove my address if im a minor. All bills would be addressed to my parents so im not sure how I can prove that I LIVE there. also in order to prove my immigration status do I need to send my share code number ? and a copy of my passport for the date of birth ?? HELPPP
Original post by spam44
How do I prove my address if im a minor. All bills would be addressed to my parents so im not sure how I can prove that I LIVE there. also in order to prove my immigration status do I need to send my share code number ? and a copy of my passport for the date of birth ?? HELPPP

Who is asking for this proof?
Have you asked them for their advice on what evidence is acceptable?

Do you have a bank account?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Who is asking for this proof?
Have you asked them for their advice on what evidence is acceptable?
Do you have a bank account?

hello sorry I forgot to mention , its the university of glasgow, I emailed them but still no answer and I really want to send everything ASAP. I do not have a bank account and I have no idea how I can prove my address.
Original post by spam44
hello sorry I forgot to mention , its the university of glasgow, I emailed them but still no answer and I really want to send everything ASAP. I do not have a bank account and I have no idea how I can prove my address.

Do you have settled status?
If so then your share code, passport and a list of addresses and dates for the last 5 years should be fine without needing proof of address (you'll have needed to provide that to get settled status).
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Do you have settled status?
If so then your share code, passport and a list of addresses and dates for the last 5 years should be fine without needing proof of address (you'll have needed to provide that to get settled status).
I do have settled status yes, I'm sorry but what do you mean by addresses and dates ? btw I live abroad not currently in the UK
Original post by spam44
I do have settled status yes, I'm sorry but what do you mean by addresses and dates ? btw I live abroad not currently in the UK

They'd normally ask for your address HISTORY not proof of address. Your residence history is what's used to determine fee status.

If they haven't asked for address history and just proof of address then just send what you've got and they can ask for more information if they need it.
Reply 6
but thats the problem I dont know what I have :frown:(( im sorry for being so impertinent but im genuinely just really confused because I looked it up and they say that in order to prove my address (the one that I put on my UCAS) I can send bills or bank transfers and all. but there isnt a single document in my name because I dont pay bills or taxes. Should I send bills that my parent made we share the same last name so im guessing that should be ok ? thanks so much for the help though I really really appreciate it .
Reply 7
Original post by spam44
but thats the problem I dont know what I have :frown:(( im sorry for being so impertinent but im genuinely just really confused because I looked it up and they say that in order to prove my address (the one that I put on my UCAS) I can send bills or bank transfers and all. but there isnt a single document in my name because I dont pay bills or taxes. Should I send bills that my parent made we share the same last name so im guessing that should be ok ? thanks so much for the help though I really really appreciate it .

this is what they said on the Self service platform "Please upload official evidence of your settled status in the UK, along with official evidence of the mailing address stated on your UCAS application form." if it can help with anything
Original post by spam44

If you don't have proof of address then don't send it.
Your settled status might be enough.

Avoiding sending anything because you don't have all of it will delay things more. Send through what you have to prove settled status and include a note explaining that you don't have proof of address and emailed for advice but haven't had a response.
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
If you don't have proof of address then don't send it.
Your settled status might be enough.
Avoiding sending anything because you don't have all of it will delay things more. Send through what you have to prove settled status and include a note explaining that you don't have proof of address and emailed for advice but haven't had a response.

I sent electricity bills in the name of my father we have the same last name so I think it should be ok. thank you for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending