The Student Room Group

Fees and Payments

Hello,

I am interested in paying academic fees and enrolment issues. I am a post grad student who suspended his studies for a year. I payed the modules and now I am being asked to pay again. Is this fair? Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Additional info:
I suspended in 2021 and returned to studies in 2022. I am part time, reenrolled in another semester and do not receive any student finance atm due to me not being able to pay.
Original post by DC8EPS
Hello,

I am interested in paying academic fees and enrolment issues. I am a post grad student who suspended his studies for a year. I payed the modules and now I am being asked to pay again. Is this fair? Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Additional info:
I suspended in 2021 and returned to studies in 2022. I am part time, reenrolled in another semester and do not receive any student finance atm due to me not being able to pay.

Did you formally suspend your studies? Or did you simply stop attending? Did this happen at a normal end-of-year point, or mid-year? Have you pointed out to the uni that you've already paid for the modules? What was their explanation? Did you pay for the modules before deciding to suspend your studies?
Reply 2
I suspended in the third week of the semester because I had a surgery and I took a long time to recover. I have not been given a reason as to why I have to pay for the whole module other then, this is the policy. As for the payment plan, I paid half before suspending and half after.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by DC8EPS
I suspended in the third week of the semester because I had a surgery and I took a long time to recover. I have not been given a reason as to why I have to pay for the whole module other then, this is the policy. As for the payment plan, I paid half before suspending and half after.

OK. The fact that you suspended your studies partway through the semester likely explains it then.

Suppose you booked a two-week stay in a hotel, providing payment upfront. Then, a day into your stay, you fall in and so travel home. A year later, you return to the same hotel for another two-week stay and are surprised to find that they want you to pay again - despite the fact that you'd already paid the year before.

When you suspended your studies, did you complete any paperwork? Do you still have a copy of that paperwork? Does it mention the impact on fees?

Alternatively, given that they've said that "this is the policy", have you looked-up the policy to see what it says? (It'll likely be on their website somewhere.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending