The Student Room Group

A level english literature essay technique

HELP. I've got my AS exams around the corner and simply don't know how to structure my essays, I've been stuck on a C for the entirety of the year with my essay's getting 14/25 does anyone know how I can quickly improve this any help is greatly appreciated!
Original post by miserosaa
HELP. I've got my AS exams around the corner and simply don't know how to structure my essays, I've been stuck on a C for the entirety of the year with my essay's getting 14/25 does anyone know how I can quickly improve this any help is greatly appreciated!

i did my as and got a C borderline B but u need to make sure u elaborate everything and make sure to use those theories like feminism, postmodernism, modernism, whatever u need and even when u mention them make sure you give a quote supporting feminism like which quote shows feminism and how and even why. Then for poetry and all of course the basic like language devices same thing elaborate like dont just identify, for example when u say alliteration show which quote is alliteration and how any why what does it show explain everything to be honest. to be honest the marks ur getting is not bad ofcourse u can do beter 100% but also like its pretty decent u can easily get the mark up
Original post by marilyn-05
i did my as and got a C borderline B but u need to make sure u elaborate everything and make sure to use those theories like feminism, postmodernism, modernism, whatever u need and even when u mention them make sure you give a quote supporting feminism like which quote shows feminism and how and even why. Then for poetry and all of course the basic like language devices same thing elaborate like don't just identify, for example when u say alliteration show which quote is alliteration and how any why what does it show explain everything to be honest. to be honest the marks ur getting is not bad ofcourse u can do better 100% but also like its pretty decent u can easily get the mark up

sorry this is a bit long but its needed so make sure u looka t candidate responses and see why they go the highest mark and even see why they got low marks so u don't repeat the same mistake. and even length n all doesn't matter tbh see the way the examiners mark and make sure u attempt answers write them dont type caus eyou need time management. also a tip i got from my teachers that you geta couple marks here and there for annotations cause what happens is for example u annotate and u forgt to write it in your paragraphs u may get a few marks not a lot just a bit but yeh so make sure to have those annotations ready. and amke essay plans as well so u dont write unnesscessary hting.
(edited 1 month ago)
also pls tell me ur doing CIE board or esle the advice is of no use cause idk how other boards work bro so yeh not sure and tell me what poesm and all you are doing and all the texts you are doing. if i have any resources ill share with you
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending