The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE English Literature Paper 2 (1ET0 02) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel GCSE English Literature Paper 2 exam go ?

Edexcel GCSE English Literature Paper 2 (1ET0 02) - Wednesday 24th May 2023
[Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Wednesday 24th May 2023 / AM
Length: 2h 15m

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone have predictions for conflict+power poetry and jekyll + hyde
I am studying A Christmas Carol and the Relationships anthology
Reply 3
Any ideas for what the theme/character might be for Pride + Prejudice, or what the given poem or theme could be for Love + Relationships poetry? I have been focusing solely on the English Literature 1 paper and only just realised I have no plans or ideas or notes for paper 2 :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by daniell0778
Does anyone have predictions for conflict+power poetry and jekyll + hyde

don't have any predictions for poetry, but j+h i think might be Dr Lanyon, Hyde or maybe the theme of science, but i'm not sure!
Reply 5
Any predictions for A Christmas Carol and Belonging for poetry?
Reply 6
Original post by AlishaDaisy
I am studying A Christmas Carol and the Relationships anthology

Yesss I am doing A Chritmas Carol too!
anyone have any thoughts for a christmas carol or time and place poetry?
Reply 8
Original post by greenthing
Any ideas for what the theme/character might be for Pride + Prejudice, or what the given poem or theme could be for Love + Relationships poetry? I have been focusing solely on the English Literature 1 paper and only just realised I have no plans or ideas or notes for paper 2 :s-smilie:

i'm doing the same combo! for poetry, i think manhunt or sonnet 43, and for p&p either first impressions, elizabeth or parents?
Original post by da0sy
don't have any predictions for poetry, but j+h i think might be Dr Lanyon, Hyde or maybe the theme of science, but i'm not sure!

Hyde has already been, these are the extracts and theme questions that have already been done:
2017 - Dr lanyons narrative - Jekylls request for help
Help elsewhere in the novel

2019 - The last night - uttersons and pooles experience
Terror elsewhere

2020 - meeting lanyon in search for Hyde
Reputation elsewhere

2021 - Incident of the letter, Jekylls lab and cabinet
Hyde elsewhere
I think the extract where Poole visits utterson has also been and the importance of utterson. If anyone knows any other past Qs, please tell me.
These themes could come up:
Duality
Setting
Religion
Science
Mystery
Desire/curiosity
Repression
Conflict
Use of documents
im doing jane eyre and litterally no one does jane eyre and there are not many revision resources on it aswell:frown:
Reply 11
Thanks for your suggestions! i don't think it could be religion, gender or use of documents as i don't think there is much you could write about. Also I don't think it could be repression as some people may not know what that word means and the question has to be accessible to everyone. I think it might be either science, conflict or dr lanyon, maybe setting!

Original post by minwom28818
Hyde has already been, these are the extracts and theme questions that have already been done:
2017 - Dr lanyons narrative - Jekylls request for help
Help elsewhere in the novel

2019 - The last night - uttersons and pooles experience
Terror elsewhere

2020 - meeting lanyon in search for Hyde
Reputation elsewhere

2021 - Incident of the letter, Jekylls lab and cabinet
Hyde elsewhere
I think the extract where Poole visits utterson has also been and the importance of utterson. If anyone knows any other past Qs, please tell me.
These themes could come up:
Duality
Setting
Religion
Science
Mystery
Desire/curiosity
Repression
Conflict
Use of documents
Original post by da0sy
Thanks for your suggestions! i don't think it could be religion, gender or use of documents as i don't think there is much you could write about. Also I don't think it could be repression as some people may not know what that word means and the question has to be accessible to everyone. I think it might be either science, conflict or dr lanyon, maybe setting!

Also, I have just checked it, and I realised 2018 was utterson and poole visiting utterson. Also, the sample paper used the extract of them visiting Hyde House after carers murder, and asked about setting, so setting probably won't come up now.
Reply 13
Original post by minwom28818
Also, I have just checked it, and I realised 2018 was utterson and poole visiting utterson. Also, the sample paper used the extract of them visiting Hyde House after carers murder, and asked about setting, so setting probably won't come up now.

ahh okay, I would of quite liked setting as there is a bit to talk about but oh well
Reply 14
anyone know what poem may come up for power and conflict?
Reply 15
could be cousin kate or prelude

Original post by iremaltunn
anyone know what poem may come up for power and conflict?
Reply 16
Hey , does anyone have a list of all the precious exam questions that came up for A Christmas Carol and the Conflict section in the poetry anthology (for edexcel) ? :smile:
Reply 17
i dont have the poetry questions but i know that no problem, war photographer, a poison tree have already come up. hope this helps

Past questions:
SAMs- Charity workers
Whole text: How Dickens presents poverty elsewhere in the novel.

June 2017- Ignorance and Want (extract)
Whole text: How children are portrayed elsewhere in the novel.

June 2018 (mock)- Scrooge’s transformation (Stave 5)
Whole text: How good will is portrayed elsewhere in the novel.

June 2019- The Ghost of Christmas Yet to come.
Whole text: The importance of fear

November 2020- Stave 1- Description of the bell and Scrooge chasing after the carol singer. Theme: Bob Cratchit

November 2021- The arrival of The Ghost of Christmas Past.
Theme: The importance of time.
Reply 18
It's a great help !! Thank you so much (:
what was last years jekyll and hyde question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending