The Student Room Group

French a level speaking revision

How are people revising for the speaking, mines in a month and I'm bricking it 😭😭, I'm making posters etc with info for every topic but for the IRP as well I just have no clue what make a good one or not
Original post by wigglewaggle321
How are people revising for the speaking, mines in a month and I'm bricking it 😭😭, I'm making posters etc with info for every topic but for the IRP as well I just have no clue what make a good one or not

ok so i did mine last year and got 59/60 in the exam (i did eduqas so it might be different idk)

for irp i made sure i knew my speech off by heart, and practiced it quite regularly - it was an easy 10 marks in the bag for me

for the discussion bit, I did quite a lot of wider reading, just in case they asked me some random question - I tried to put 'hooks' in my speech of things i wanted the examiner to ask me about and i prepared some bullet point answers for those - I didn't learn them off by heart but just so i had something to say

if you do cards as well, i just practiced as many of those as i could with a teacher/friends, or even by just talking to myself lol

all in all the more you practice and are just comfortable with speaking off the top of your head, i think the better it will go

hope this helps :smile:
Original post by average_human
ok so i did mine last year and got 59/60 in the exam (i did eduqas so it might be different idk)

for irp i made sure i knew my speech off by heart, and practiced it quite regularly - it was an easy 10 marks in the bag for me

for the discussion bit, I did quite a lot of wider reading, just in case they asked me some random question - I tried to put 'hooks' in my speech of things i wanted the examiner to ask me about and i prepared some bullet point answers for those - I didn't learn them off by heart but just so i had something to say

if you do cards as well, i just practiced as many of those as i could with a teacher/friends, or even by just talking to myself lol

all in all the more you practice and are just comfortable with speaking off the top of your head, i think the better it will go

oh and also i learnt statistics/examples in the french-speaking world relating to all the topics that could come up in the discussion for extra marks

your amazing! when did u have ur IRP speech finalised?
Original post by _mangosmoothie_
your amazing! when did u have ur IRP speech finalised?

ngl probably not until a couple of weeks before 🤣

it's defo the scariest exam i did (well German was a lot worse, but speaking in general) but i feel like it's the easisest exam to do well on if that makes sense? like the examiner is not trying to catch you out unlike with listening and reading, especially if you learn the speech bit well you'll be great :smile:

may have got lucky but both of my examiners were so lovely they defo put me at ease

ahh ty for telling me girl xxx
it's defo the scariest exam i did (well German was a lot worse, but speaking in general) but i feel like it's the easisest exam to do well on if that makes sense? like the examiner is not trying to catch you out unlike with listening and reading, especially if you learn the speech bit well you'll be great :smile:

may have got lucky but both of my examiners were so lovely they defo put me at ease

btw, are you french?
Original post by _mangosmoothie_
btw, are you french?

no, altho that would've helped :frown:
i just decided to suffer by doing 2 language a levels
(edited 1 month ago)
no, altho that would've helped :frown:
i just decided to suffer by doing 2 language a levels

ahh but u did amazing xx
hihi !!! if u need any extra help, i just posted some IRP revision tips !! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7395455 it's on the most recent page and might help if there's anything you might need !!
Original post by charmaine.d
hihi !!! if u need any extra help, i just posted some IRP revision tips !! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7395455 it's on the most recent page and might help if there's anything you might need !!

thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending