The Student Room Group

A-Level English Literature Edexcel

Any A* tips?
Also revision tips for paper 3 - Poetry
For reference I study - Poems of the Decade and John Keats
Currently working at a B grade level, do you think I'll be able to get to my aspirational target of A* in less than 2 months?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Hi nessa17,

I do modern poetry too! I got an A in my mocks and I'm trying to work up to an A* in time for end of years as well.
What I find helpful for revision is making mind maps or just 3 sections of the main key themes/messages/points of each poem. After adding techniques, quotes, narrative etc., you would have a blueprint of some big ideas to compare your unseen poem to because you mostly have your topic sentences by comparing how the unseen and the anthology poem present the key themes/messages/points.

English is one of the good subjects for me, it's the others that need work - I'm trying to work up from a B for the rest of mine lol. Hope your other subjects go well too!

Good luck with your revision !!

Quick Reply

Latest