The Student Room Group

Clinical Psychology Doctorate later in life…experiences

I completed my BSc in Psychology about 20 years ago, fresh from school. I was disheartened by the seemingly impossible path to CP and abandoned the idea. In the 20 years since then I’ve completed a masters degree with distinction in an allied health profession, as well as a related PGCert. I’ve worked in the third sector, health & social care pernterships, adult learning disability teams, CAMHS, autism assessment teams and have now worked for years in a MDT focusing on care experience and criminal justice. I have a lot of experience in mental health, trauma, attachment, neurodevelopmental disorders. I am an experienced clinician and trainer. I’ve worked very closely with my clinical psychology colleagues and, with my psychology background I have always held and interest in their work.

I have reached a point in my life where I need change. I want to research. I want to learn. It occurred to me that I might be able to revisit the idea of CP.

I’d love to hear stories of those who have pursued the doctorate later in life - with different experience and perhaps a more unusual path to CP.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest