The Student Room Group

haircut idea inspo

I want to get a haircut bc at the moment, my hair is just flat with no layers. I have straight thick hair so its hard to heavily style it without it taking hours to set in place. My hair goes a little past my shoulder blades. What are some haircuts that could be good to show some volume with very little prep?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I want to get a haircut bc at the moment, my hair is just flat with no layers. I have straight thick hair so its hard to heavily style it without it taking hours to set in place. My hair goes a little past my shoulder blades. What are some haircuts that could be good to show some volume with very little prep?

my hair is the same way!! anything like wolfcuts/butterfly cuts (all the layered haircuts you see loads of on pinterest really) work great. what lots of people with less thick hair find w those hairstyles is that they lose their volume and have to be styled every day to get it back but w thick hair you don’t really have that problem. my hair isn’t quite straight but i wouldn’t call it wavy either (it’s same length as you described but has like two waves in it so idk if that counts lmao) but getting a haircut w layers that takes a bit of weight off the bottom makes it look way nicer, super easy to maintain and style (i don’t even dry my hair w a hair dryer or use anything other than a normal brush to style it) and wayyyy easier to wash in the shower. idk about your hair but my hair is on the dry side and gets kinda like bushy/frizzy at the bottom if that makes sense? i haven’t had that problem after getting layers, it makes the products you use on your hair seem to work a bit better and stretch a bit further i feel. good thing about thick hair is you never have to worry about having to style volume back in your hair so any volumey layery stuff will work but if your hair gets particularly thick at the ends you might wanna find smth that has thinner layers at the bottom like a wolf cut. there’s loads of similar hair cuts to that tho, pinterest is your best friend for things like this

Quick Reply

Latest