The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Unregistered
Do you think I will get any interview offers with Gcse grades of 2A*s, 5As and 5Bs, and As grades of ABBB. My teachers gave me predicted grades of AAA, because I was only a couple of points off an A in every subject, but I get the feeling after reading most messages on the site, I have a slim chance. Please tell me otherwise.

It depends where you have applied. Look at the typical offers for the universities you have applied to and then compare against your own. If I was a uni admissions tutor I would reckon you would get AAB - looking at your sets of grades.
Unregistered
Do you think I will get any interview offers with Gcse grades of 2A*s, 5As and 5Bs, and As grades of ABBB. My teachers gave me predicted grades of AAA, because I was only a couple of points off an A in every subject, but I get the feeling after reading most messages on the site, I have a slim chance. Please tell me otherwise.

No reason why not on those predicted grades.

The only limiters would be if you haven't studied the subjects that the uni's you've applied for like (usually Chemistry A level and/or Biology A level) or if your personal statement doesn't really give the admissions tutors the feeling that you understand what being a doctor will entail and your commitment to the discipline.
Reply 3
Don't worry too much - either everyone on this forum is either a genius or people are lying about their grades. Everyone on here seems to be saying they have AAAAAAAAAAAA and are all applying to cambridge or something. This is definately not a true reflection of the kinds of results people are getting in the 'real world'.
Reply 4
Unregistered

Some med schools will not interview you unless you have minimum set of GCSEs e.g. St Georges. Check out each prospectus just in case :smile:. Those grades look fine to me, me being no expert though :biggrin:. If you really wanna do medicine and you come across well at interview you have a good chance!
Reply 5
http://www.medschoolguide.co.uk has a brill forum for anyone applying to med school.
Reply 6
Ive been trying to check me posts on the forum all morning and all last night. Its down at the moment, but i reckon it shud be ok V.soon!
Ur right, the Poll on here doesnt show true reflection of GCSE grades! I got 9A*s and 2A's and I havent applied to Oxbridge, LOL!
Reply 7
a lot of it depends on where youre applying as well - places like birmingham and leeds will accept you with abb if youre deemed to be the right type of person.
obviously the grades are still important, but more and more theyre looking at you as a whole person rather than just your academic ability. if you've applied to nottingham youll know about the psychometric testing they do - and ive heard they drop 900 applicants on the strength of your answers alone!

Latest