The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You do both physical and human. AS is a little bit boring, but A2 is great. I love geog, I'm doing it at uni this Oct :smile:
Reply 2
NOOOO its not boring!! its the best subject ever. i am also going to uni to study it in october :biggrin: :hello:
You get to do both physical and human geography modules, and in the second year (well for my spec at least) they kind of merge together and we do a module called "Sustainable Development", which is quite interesting but difficult too. AS is hardly taxing, with little extension from GCSE, in my opinion! :redface: Seems a bigger step from AS to A2 though.

Geography is the best subject on earth! Like Chardonnay and Sam, I am going to uni to study it this Autumn! :smile:

Useful qualfication? Of course! Where would we be without geography? Nowhere!
Reply 4
Geography is hella boring. I got an A* at GCSE but it's dull as... something very dull. The coursework in the A2 year is *****. Generally I regret taking it, though it's a guarenteed A :P
Physical geography is boring, yes. Human is where it's at :biggrin:
Reply 6
SiAnY
Physical geography is boring, yes. Human is where it's at :biggrin:

Aye. Well, so far we've done 3 physical modules and 1 human... hmph
So you should have another 2 human ones then??
Reply 8
Physical geography is boring, yes. Human is where it's at

:eek: :mad:

stop taking those drugs sian, they are making u say silly things lol :biggrin:
:rock:
Reply 10
Boring? HELL NO! You could say I obsess over geography. The first year is kind of slow, but when you get to A2 you will LOVE it! How anyone can not love A2 geography is just beyond me :tongue:
Depends on your specification I guess :p:
Reply 12
For me, Geography seems to have gotten worse since last year. I enjoyed most of AS, especially the human stuff (migration, population and settlement). For the physical, we did tectonics, rivers and coasts which were interesting enough. This year we are doing glaciation and ecosystems, which is the most boring thing in the world. It's just like biology, and i dropped that for a reason! In human, we are doing economic stuff, and urban/rural environments which is ok, but quite difficult in places
Your A2 topics for physical are pure evil!
Reply 14
SiAnY
Your A2 topics for physical are pure evil!

I know!
The only pure, pure physical I have is coastal processes and landforms. Most of my A2 course is mixed human and physical.
Reply 16
This year, we do two physical sections, two human and then stuff for the synoptic paper. Although God knows when we're going to do that. We have 9 weeks left at school and have only just started ecosystems and urban/rural relationships!
My synoptic paper is food supply, water supply, urban environment and the natural environment, under the title of Sustainable Development. Unit 4 is coasts and development. That's it! Coursework is GG6, done that already.
Does anyone know, or have any links to tell me what topics I would be doing for A2 if i'm following the WJEC specification?
Reply 19
SiAnY
My synoptic paper is food supply, water supply, urban environment and the natural environment, under the title of Sustainable Development. Unit 4 is coasts and development. That's it! Coursework is GG6, done that already.

Our synoptic is 'People and their environments'. And then we have the physical and human papers. All in June! No coursework :biggrin:. I have my geog and psychology synoptics on the same day. Now that IS evil!

Latest

Trending

Trending