The Student Room Group

Good A Level results but not sure on the next step

I received my A level results last year, unexpectedly getting A* law A history and an A in geography. I took a gap year, as I had no idea what was right for me. Admittedly, I have not used the gap year in the best way and I’m now in the same position with the deadline day being 8th June.
I have applied to 5 unis to study law, being accepted into all of them. But there’s some issues being I don’t think I even want to go into the legal profession, and i found it quite boring at a level. I feel I’m kinda doing it just cos I don’t know what else to do.

Any advice?
Original post by Cjholland2
I received my A level results last year, unexpectedly getting A* law A history and an A in geography. I took a gap year, as I had no idea what was right for me. Admittedly, I have not used the gap year in the best way and I’m now in the same position with the deadline day being 8th June.
I have applied to 5 unis to study law, being accepted into all of them. But there’s some issues being I don’t think I even want to go into the legal profession, and i found it quite boring at a level. I feel I’m kinda doing it just cos I don’t know what else to do.

Any advice?

Do you know what you do want to do? Any interests? Did you enjoy history or geography?
Reply 2
Original post by AnotherStudent!
Do you know what you do want to do? Any interests? Did you enjoy history or geography?

I know I have entrepreneurial goals in life, but I’m not sure how to get there. Yeah I enjoyed them both, but are they ‘useful’ degrees?
Original post by Cjholland2
I know I have entrepreneurial goals in life, but I’m not sure how to get there. Yeah I enjoyed them both, but are they ‘useful’ degrees?

Other than science based degrees most are general and can be used for teaching, journailsm and management roles plus many others. It is the skills a degree gives that help you get jobs rather than the subject.
Reply 4
There are websites which can look at your personality and then recommend career paths for you. Why not go to a few of them and complete some personality questionnaires to help you decide? If you have done A-level Law and did not enjoy it then steer away from doing it at degree level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending