The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

NDGAARONDI
And London doesn't have variety?

I meant variety in location. London's one place in an entire country - if someone gave you a cake you wouldn't just eat the icing would you? (actually, I probably would only eat the icing because it's my favourite part, but you see what I mean!).
Angel_Cake
I meant variety in location. London's one place in an entire country - if someone gave you a cake you wouldn't just eat the icing would you? (actually, I probably would only eat the icing because it's my favourite part, but you see what I mean!).

Yes. I wouldn't mind studying in Oxford as a place smaller than London. :biggrin:

Although I'd be quite content to see if I can get some abroad work whilst learning etc perhaps Nepal/Bhutan or the Cayman Islands etc.
Reply 22
not helping...lol!!!

That's thrown in another variable I didn't even think of before!!!
Reply 23
UEA's reputation far outweighs that of QM. Believe me. Tell your dad he's wrong.
Reply 24
Telling my dad he's wrong...hmmm am i willing to take that risk!!! I like UEA but the asking grades scare me and I dunno if I want to leave london and at the same time I quite like the sound of Kent!!!
Reply 25
chandni
Telling my dad he's wrong...hmmm am i willing to take that risk!!! I like UEA but the asking grades scare me and I dunno if I want to leave london and at the same time I quite like the sound of Kent!!!

Come to UEA its great! You will have the best 3 years here!
Reply 26
chandni
I am sooooo confused still. coz all u wonderful people are saying UEA, my dad is saying QMUL, my mum doesn't care because she can't accept that I am no longer the student I was 3 years ago and my uncle who works in a law firm says UEA and QMUL are both good enough universtities and I need to decide what will make me happiest.

Why doesn't your mum care? Surely she must have some interest in your higher education decisions?
Reply 27
ok i made my mum sound evil which she isn't but basically until about yr 11 I was a very good student I worked hard and I got very good grades at my GCSE's I was expected to get a few A* etc. However my mum got ill and I totally lost interest in my studies yet I still got fairly decent GCSE's. But basically my want to be the best at studies dwindled away so I became a slightly above average student. Only in the last couple of months have I started to get motivated to do well at my A-levels. My mum can't accept that I had a tough couple of years which weren't my fault and I'm no longer as good a student as I was... basically my mum wanted me to apply to oxbridge and/or LSE but not only do I not have the grades for those places I didn't want to go there!!! So she no longer cares where I go as she is "dissapointed in me" I won;t even go into how angry and upset I get every time she says that to me.
Reply 28
Aww, you poor thing! Nvm, I still think you'll be a fabulous law student, wherever you decide to go...

Personally? Pick UEA, with QMUL as insurance...
Reply 29
thnx :smile:

I don't think i'll come to a decision till 22/03/05 by which point i'll have my jan module marks and i'll hve seen UEA for myself and I'll be able to amke a bit more of an educated guess at what I should do!!!
Reply 30
what job do you want chandi? It's all about the career baby!
Reply 31
The thing I really really really want to do is sports law but I'm not going to delude myself as I can imagine that in the UK that would be a difficult field to ge tinto but at the end of my degree if i still want to do that as badly as I do now then I'll find a way even if it means going to the states!!!

Out of Solicitor and Barrister and more inclined towards barrister.
Reply 32
chandni
The thing I really really really want to do is sports law but I'm not going to delude myself as I can imagine that in the UK that would be a difficult field to ge tinto but at the end of my degree if i still want to do that as badly as I do now then I'll find a way even if it means going to the states!!!

Out of Solicitor and Barrister and more inclined towards barrister.

Same here and still am, (1st year LLB). Quite a lot of people change their minds at university though. But I did see that UEA got the 5th largest number of pupils into pupillage each year - 15 (11 studied law). Not even 4 chose this route from LSE, (at least not Law graduates anyway)... Although I guess a lot of the lawyers I've met here intend to become a solicitor or work in their home countries. 15 is a lot though!! KCL had 16 overall and 17 from Bristol). Other than that there's only Oxbridge ahead..

What interests you about Sports Law by the way?
Reply 33
basically I love sports...playing and watching and I couldn't bare not being involved in sport in some way. Most career ideas I've had have revolved around keeping an involvement in sport because it is something I am deeply passionate about!!

I know this is going to sound sooooo dim but what do those numbers mean...i know i'm probably trying to complicate some simple statistics but its late and im tired lol!!!
Reply 34
1 and a bit months later and I still can't make a decision... I'm in big trouble!!! Because no-one is going to wave a magic wand and make it all ok i actually have to make a decision which has bascially left me sqirming!!!
Reply 35
I'm going to shout out for Essex here as no one has mentioned it... (and also i feel i have to as i go here!)

Essex is excellent for Law and many people ignore it (it wasn't an ex poly before anyone says anything).. at least come along for an open day and see what you think.

I would say it is better than UEA (university of easy access hehe) in my opinion... and last time i checked we were better for Law as well.. take of that what you will.

Anyways, i've had an excellent four years here, loved every minute of it.. very friendly campus, not far from london.. bit ugly when it's wet, but beautiful in the summer even the towers look quite nice in the sun!

Latest

Trending

Trending