The Student Room Group

Confused with the relationship

So me and my partner were together 2 years he made a lot of mistakes in how he treated and acted with me but when it was good it was good. A few months later we started dating again and seemed he made the changes 6 months down the line he messaged me I would never cheat on you and love you so much, didn’t hear from him the next day till quite late on I assumed he was hungover in bed. He text me saying it’s not going to work leave it now out of no where and never offered me an explanation.
After a week he started calling my phone saying “where are you” “who are you with” and started sending texts saying go find another lad then you never cared and I didn’t get where it came from. The only thing I wrote back was stop trying to check up on where I am and who I’m with (*he done this in the relationship when I saw friends for a coffee or drink spam calls and horrid texts*) you dropped me like it was nothing with no explanation.
A week later I found out he had slept with someone else. I text him saying I know the truth and it hurt more you didn’t tell me yourself two weeks ago. He got angry at me and didn’t even say sorry.
He then popped back up grovelling and love bombing me saying I’m the one and call me a fool maybe I listened I’m quite forgiving. He went on about how he wanted to book a surprise weekend for my birthday kept going on about it for days, telling me such nice things reassuring me without asking and complimenting me and actually going out on dates. 7 months now dating and I asked “where is it going as we don’t have a label and it’s been 7 months? Might be me overthinking but it’s practically 3 years annd don’t like the hidden relationship as it makes me feel a bit sh*t” and he kept us very hidden for the whole time to his friends and family. He then replied might as well end it. I replied saying I’m sorry if that message came across as I have a problem but I’d like to know where it’s going. He then carried on with texts without a reply yet saying don’t bother end it then leave me alone.
I wrote back saying if you want me to leave you alone I have to respect that but yesterday you said all these nice things I don’t get the problem I’m confused can you speak to me? and he replied with go find other lads.
I’m very confused and haven’t heard from him for a couple days, how did it go from very loved up to all of a sudden nothing. He was so angry I have respected his wished to leave him alone and don’t feel I can text I’m confused by it all have I done something wrong there?
Reply 1
babes you didnt do anything wrong apart from go back to his toxic ass.
do yourself a favour and block him and get rid of anything that reminds you of him or anything like that - the dude clearly needs to go into therapy considering this behaviour isnt exactly "normal relationship" type of stuff
hope youre okay x
Original post by Anonymous
So me and my partner were together 2 years he made a lot of mistakes in how he treated and acted with me but when it was good it was good. A few months later we started dating again and seemed he made the changes 6 months down the line he messaged me I would never cheat on you and love you so much, didn’t hear from him the next day till quite late on I assumed he was hungover in bed. He text me saying it’s not going to work leave it now out of no where and never offered me an explanation.
After a week he started calling my phone saying “where are you” “who are you with” and started sending texts saying go find another lad then you never cared and I didn’t get where it came from. The only thing I wrote back was stop trying to check up on where I am and who I’m with (*he done this in the relationship when I saw friends for a coffee or drink spam calls and horrid texts*) you dropped me like it was nothing with no explanation.
A week later I found out he had slept with someone else. I text him saying I know the truth and it hurt more you didn’t tell me yourself two weeks ago. He got angry at me and didn’t even say sorry.
He then popped back up grovelling and love bombing me saying I’m the one and call me a fool maybe I listened I’m quite forgiving. He went on about how he wanted to book a surprise weekend for my birthday kept going on about it for days, telling me such nice things reassuring me without asking and complimenting me and actually going out on dates. 7 months now dating and I asked “where is it going as we don’t have a label and it’s been 7 months? Might be me overthinking but it’s practically 3 years annd don’t like the hidden relationship as it makes me feel a bit sh*t” and he kept us very hidden for the whole time to his friends and family. He then replied might as well end it. I replied saying I’m sorry if that message came across as I have a problem but I’d like to know where it’s going. He then carried on with texts without a reply yet saying don’t bother end it then leave me alone.
I wrote back saying if you want me to leave you alone I have to respect that but yesterday you said all these nice things I don’t get the problem I’m confused can you speak to me? and he replied with go find other lads.
I’m very confused and haven’t heard from him for a couple days, how did it go from very loved up to all of a sudden nothing. He was so angry I have respected his wished to leave him alone and don’t feel I can text I’m confused by it all have I done something wrong there?

Why you with a cheating rat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending