The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Easter sunday is ages away :eek: why are you thinking about it now?? I think they're actually open as normal though.
Reply 2
i think some do. depends what shops your talking about. and why?!
Depends.

Most will open normaly...
I don't think so. Where I work shuts, supermarkets shut etc. I always thought that Easter Sunday was more similar to Christmas Day than Boxing Day in terms of shop opening times :dontknow:
Reply 5
I was just interested.:p:
Reply 6
Very few small shops like Spar will be open, but most will be closed. It's like Christmas day
Corner shops probs will be :biggrin:
Reply 8
I learnt the hard way last Easter Sunday that they are closed.

Took the 1.5 hour journey into London to work in Hamleys.

Lo and behold, it was shut.
Reply 9
hmm some conflicting theories here.. I personally did think they were closed myself.

Basically wondering if i will have to use a days holiday to get the day off work easter sunday. I work at Iceland, supermarket chain.
Reply 10
Some will, some won't. What do you want us to say: it's neither Christmas nor New Year's Day, when you can be pretty much sure almost all shops are closed.

It's a Sunday for a start, so some will be closed anyway. It's Easter Sunday, so even more will be closed. But it's not 1952, so some will still be open.
The shop I work at doesn't, but a very similar one which my friend works at in the same town does.
Reply 12
alan910_2
I learnt the hard way last Easter Sunday that they are closed.

Took the 1.5 hour journey into London to work in Hamleys.

Lo and behold, it was shut.

LOL! That's hardcore, dude.

Latest

Trending

Trending