The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Bristol Insurance choice = EEE MEng
Reply 2
not quite - computer systems engineering (think EEE and CS with a love child)
Reply 3
Electronic Engineering - (with nanotechnology in a few unis)
Reply 4
BEng in EEE..
Reply 5
So, everyone, why have you chosen Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science. Why not go into a field where you'd probably work less and earn more e.g. Economics or Chartered Accountancy or something.
Reply 6
musabjilani
So, everyone, why have you chosen Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science. Why not go into a field where you'd probably work less and earn more e.g. Economics or Chartered Accountancy or something.

It has more to do with passion and love than with money or work pressure. And if you're doing a job you like, the work pressure won't seem too high anyway. Plus engineering is a hell lot more innovative and interesting than boring old economics and accounting.
Reply 7
musabjilani

cos i practically breath wires :biggrin:

no honestly, every experience i have had of electronics i have loved... i am lucky in that my school runs design technology in a unique way, not teaching us anything in the traditional sense... i arrive to my lesson and i work on things myself, order components, program things, read datasheets.... its great and i only hope being an engineer for real can live up to this.... infact i think im going to find the level of practical work at university drops...

btw next year im going into a general engineering course with the aim to specify down into eletronic (unless something else takes my interest)
Reply 8
Yeah, I am thinking of applying for EE at Queen's, Surrey and Lufbra. Don't know which one will be the best choice though...
Reply 9
Lo'bro
Reply 10
accelerator
Anyone else applying for Electrical/Electronic engineering for Sept 2009?

Your gonna love it! Remember to get a really good book. The recommended one is 'Electrical Circuit Theory and Technology - J. O. Bird'. I always found that buying new books was somewhat expensive (55 Quid from Book Stores) But you can always get the electronic pdf version which is always a treat! Another book you will need will be on Engineering Mathematics by K A Stroud which is absolutely essential.

For the Electrical Eng Book by J O Bird, you can download the e version here http://store.payloadz.com/go?id=389974 and for the Engineering Maths version by K A Stroud you can download it here http://store.payloadz.com/go?id=389976

You will soon find yourself ahead of the game and your first year will be a breeze. Hope it goes well for you mate!

Latest