The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Alisa25
Nothing... :biggrin:

Btw - you put so much detail in your answers! All i put is: restriction endo, sticky ends , cut with the same enodnuclease the plasmid, ligase to make recombinant dna, put into bacteria which will multiply etc. I tough this was enough... :s-smilie:

I put that for advantages: no replica plating needed, and that bacteria wouldnt get the SUPER-DOOPER antibiotic resistance.

Btw the chromatography was Vixioskdjdifkdin or something resembling that... :p:

Oooh I got that too :smile:
Reply 61
Lulu*et*Moi
LOL i was just about to say..did I miss a whole double page :p:

:p: I know I was like..... *i missed out ****!!!* :o:
Reply 62
Alisa25
Btw the chromatography was Vixioskdjdifkdin or something resembling that... :p:

OH.YES.SCORE!
Alisa25
I put that for advantages: no replica plating needed, and that bacteria wouldnt get the SUPER-DOOPER antibiotic resistance.

Ah yes! I didn't think of that! :biggrin:
I remember doing this experiment in class last year as well! However, the teacher said it isn't part of the specification! :s-smilie:
Silly examiners...
Reply 64
Lulu*et*Moi
Oooh I got that too :smile:

omg we're like BRAIN TWINS!!! :eek:

hehe :wink:

I hated the genes paper. Its always so MEEEAANNNN AND STUUPIIID!! :mad:
Just evil....
Reply 65
KarlW
OH.YES.SCORE!

:biggrin: :yep: Oh yea!!
Alisa25

Just evil....

Meh, as long as I don't get a D again I'm fine. Though I do need an A in Biology to get into Liverpool University :eek:
Reply 67
Mathematician!
Ah yes! I didn't think of that! :biggrin:
I remember doing this experiment in class last year as well! However, the teacher said it isn't part of the specification! :s-smilie:
Silly examiners...

SILLY? :eek: I think they are more than that!!

Bloody MORONS!! I bet they know Jack sh it about biology anyway!
*i mean - that question about the glowing protein - GLO - WTF???!! idiots - we all know they made that up!*
Reply 68
The good thing about the genes paper is that the grade boundary for an A is usually lower.

I did a past paper the other day where an A was 65%. That's not much better than 1 in 2.
Reply 69
Mathematician!
Meh, as long as I don't get a D again I'm fine. Though I do need an A in Biology to get into Liverpool University :eek:

I haave a C overall ( C for core and E for genes.... and 2 marks off an A for mod 3) :smile:

And i HAVE to get an A!!! Same goes for chem tomorrow afternoon... :frown:
Reply 70
KarlW
The good thing about the genes paper is that the grade boundary for an A is usually lower.

I did a past paper the other day where an A was 65%. That's not much better than 1 in 2.

Thats awesome!! :eek:

That means we can get about 12 wrong and STILL get a comfortable A. :yep:
Alisa25
SILLY? :eek: I think they are more than that!!

Bloody MORONS!! I bet they know Jack sh it about biology anyway!
*i mean - that question about the glowing protein - GLO - WTF???!! idiots - we all know they made that up!*

Lol, pGLO is a real glowing protein produced in jellyfish. The BLA gene is quite a funny name that produces it. :lolz:
Alisa25

Just evil....

HAHA BRAIN TWINS!

Indeeeed...did you do module 1? I may retake module 3 in june lol :p:
Cant believe im already thinking about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alisa25
I haave a C overall ( C for core and E for genes.... and 2 marks off an A for mod 3) :smile:

And i HAVE to get an A!!! Same goes for chem tomorrow afternoon... :frown:

Yikes, I need an A in Chemistry tomorrow as well! I'm actually on ADB (C overall- 1 mark off a B overall) for Biology, and that is because of some rubbish coursework mark. Ah well.
Reply 74
Mathematician!
Lol, pGLO is a real glowing protein produced in jellyfish. The BLA gene is quite a funny name that produces it. :lolz:

HAHA lol.

* I actually lol'ed in the exam at the GLO thing though....* :rolleyes:

It does sound really stupid though.... GLO - how unoriginal. What do these proteins do? - They GLOw.. get it? :shifty: *how highly intellectual*
Reply 75
Lulu*et*Moi
HAHA BRAIN TWINS!

Indeeeed...did you do module 1? I may retake module 3 in june lol :p:
Cant believe im already thinking about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

Yea - I did mod 1 and (evil) mod 2. :rolleyes:
Alisa25
:biggrin:

Yea - I did mod 1 and (evil) mod 2. :rolleyes:

If i have to resit that paper again i.will.cry!
Reply 77
Mathematician!
Yikes, I need an A in Chemistry tomorrow as well! I'm actually on ADB (C overall- 1 mark off a B overall) for Biology, and that is because of some rubbish coursework mark. Ah well.

I hate chem with passion !! :mad:

Im doing mod 1 and 2 AQA. You?

Have to start revising soon.
Alisa25
HAHA lol.

* I actually lol'ed in the exam at the GLO thing though....* :rolleyes:

It does sound really stupid though.... GLO - how unoriginal. What do these proteins do? - They GLOw.. get it? :shifty: *how highly intellectual*

Yeah, lol I did get it. I lol'd in the classroom instead though when we got told about it. I lol'd at the sugar named araB as well :p: (not said in an offensive manner :smile:)
Reply 79
Lulu*et*Moi
If i have to resit that paper again i.will.cry!

Tell me about it!! :frown:

I always hated genes!!

Well at least this year they didnt have a REALLY RIDICULOUS question like the APHIDS (DAMN *************) question last summer......

Latest

Trending

Trending