The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to get an A* in Maths?

Hi All,

Im Currently in Year 12 Studying Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics and I know that it is possible for me to achieve the A* Grade in the science subjects because I am on a new exam board and if I am to get a 90% Average in A2 I will acheive it but is it true that the people doing OCR will not be able to achieve an A* Grade in OCR Mathematics because they are not doing a new syllabus? My School has been doing the OCR exam board for many years and this year we have stuck with it so does that mean I will not be able to achieve the A* Grade?

For example, say person X is to achieve 95% in Core 3, 95% in Core 4 will they only get an A whereas they should be getting an A*?
go on to the ocr website and see if they are introducing an A* in A2 im on aqa and i have to get 90% on C3 and C4 to get an A* but this is different to further maths were u need 90% in all 3 A2 further maths modules in order to get an A*
For an A*:
Maths (normal): 90%+ average between C3 and C4
Further Maths: 90%+ average between the best three A2 units (i.e units with their code not ending in a 1).

Latest