The Student Room Group

The Lust List 2009

Scroll to see replies

minimo
http://www.oasis-stores.com/fcp/product/Oasis/New-In/Int-obi-bandeau-dress/5550010047 does this look cheap and nasty to y'all? I quite like it but I dunnooooo, I used to look like a fat tart wearing black and red and I haven't worked the combo in a year or so. Wondering if it's time to go back.

hmmm, maybe not actually. it makes the sodding mannequin's arse look big never mind mine.

I think it's horrible in all honesty! Seriously looks more like £20 worth...not £85. You can do so much better than that! I hate black and red at the best of times. (sorry if i'm being too brutally honest with you - i don't like lying to my friends but i don't want to be mean...i think it's in your best interests though :p:)
Reply 181
. sav
dear me Minimo, fat tart indeed :rolleyes: not at all!!

i think it looks good on the site, and 85 is a pretty good price. But with that fit and material, I thinkyou always need to see it for real in a shop, to see how the material is more than anything. I know what you mean, it can sometimes look cheap and nasty.

hahaha, nah I meant when I was like a 14/16 and i used to wear hideously cling red tops and black skirts.

oh god.
Reply 182
.x.jen.x.
I think it's horrible in all honesty! Seriously looks more like £20 worth...not £85. You can do so much better than that! I hate black and red at the best of times. (sorry if i'm being too brutally honest with you - i don't like lying to my friends but i don't want to be mean...i think it's in your best interests though :p:)

nah, it's fineee! black and red are sooo hard to work. There's a reason i don't do it anymore. I have a red coat and it works obvs when I wear black tights but I don't even think I own a red top anymore.
I'm thinking of getting this dress (http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Colour-Block-Pencil-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=374962&clr=Black&SearchQuery=colour+block&sh=0) but I can't think of shoes, I have some black ones but I'm thinking of that red/orange colour on the dress, can any of you think of some?
Reply 184
2009 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (One pictured is a Brabus Edition)

1957 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing (with matching luggage)

F-16 Fighting Falcon

Learjet 60

And numerous houses around the globe, but I doubt there would be enough room here to post them all.
:-)
minimo
http://www.oasis-stores.com/fcp/product/Oasis/New-In/Int-obi-bandeau-dress/5550010047 does this look cheap and nasty to y'all? I quite like it but I dunnooooo, I used to look like a fat tart wearing black and red and I haven't worked the combo in a year or so. Wondering if it's time to go back.

hmmm, maybe not actually. it makes the sodding mannequin's arse look big never mind mine.

not a fan. plus another £40 and you're in karen millen... bit of a rip off for Oasis I think.
Reply 187
vapid slut magician
not a fan. plus another £40 and you're in karen millen... bit of a rip off for Oasis I think.

i wish karen millen would hurry up and properly get their new stuff up.

oasis is always a rip off but i do like a lot of the stuff they do :frown:
i wait for the sales in there. have you tried searching for Lipsy on asos? they do a lot of stuff that looks similar, their stuff is good quality and most their dresses are a standard price £50/60
minimo

i agree, i think oasis is so overpriced. i think the quality is pretty poor and the prices are far too high for them. i want an oasis jumper dress but im not paying £45 for it. £45 isnt a LOT but i'd rather pay £100 for a more decent one. I'd value them more like £25 really...
minimo

hmmm you're not gona like the zip on the one i posted
Reply 193
.x.jen.x.
i agree, i think oasis is so overpriced. i think the quality is pretty poor and the prices are far too high for them. i want an oasis jumper dress but im not paying £45 for it. £45 isnt a LOT but i'd rather pay £100 for a more decent one. I'd value them more like £25 really...

yeah I agree. Virtually everything i own from there has been bought in the oasis sale.
Reply 194

yeah, you know me well! Plus I don't do strapless, I'm parnoid my dress will slip :/ lipsy dresses are generally great though.
and you should get these because they're cheap and I know you like red. Get a tight black dress and these shoes; great look http://www.asos.com/Steve-Madden/Steve-Madden-Platform-Peep-Toe-Sling-Back-Satin-Court/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=347308&abi=1&clr=Red
Reply 198
i quite like that floral dress, plus I already have the perfect shoes and clutch :h:

I can't walk in 13 cm heels! :eek:

me, you and jen have totally monopolised this thread :biggrin:
well crawl in them then, they're hot!

Quick Reply

Latest