The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
One of my old schools! And no, you wouldn't.
Reply 21
iv got the fittest teacer at my skool and hes 23. i would if i go tthe chance lmao
If the boys were legal, then that's fine IMO. The only issue is the fact she's in a 'position of trust' or whatever. Surely she should be sacked from her job, but no police investigation is needed? I don't see why it's a police matter.

Would the police investigate the same thing if it happened in a supermarket and a 16 year old saturday worker slept with the thirty year old boss? :no: Some would argue that this would display the same power imbalance. Yes the girl in my hypothetical situation chose to work there, but the student chose to study there as he's over 16, thus no longer in compulsory education.
Reply 23
Maybe school pupils are just sexy these days?
randomgirl
If the boys were legal, then that's fine IMO. The only issue is the fact she's in a 'position of trust' or whatever. Surely she should be sacked from her job, but no police investigation is needed? I don't see why it's a police matter.

Would the police investigate the same thing if it happened in a supermarket and a 16 year old saturday worker slept with the thirty year old boss? :no: Some would argue that this would display the same power imbalance. Yes the girl in my hypothetical situation chose to work there, but the student chose to study there as he's over 16, thus no longer in compulsory education.

getting the sack is a bit much, isn't it? :s-smilie:
Lord Hysteria
getting the sack is a bit much, isn't it? :s-smilie:

Getting sacked would be better than getting investigated (and perhaps taken to court) IMO :wink:

I know which I'd rather :yep:
Reply 26
The BBC News article states that:
"it is against the law to have a sexual encounter with someone under 18 if there is a relationship of trust."
This means that if the person is over the age of 18, no law has been broken, whether there is a relationship of trust or not. Therefore providing all parties were over the age of 18 there should be no problem with this. If it had taken place on school property it would be another matter, but as it is, I don't see that anyone did anything illegal.
jaydakiss
iv got the fittest teacer at my skool and hes 23. i would if i go tthe chance lmao

^This. I wish my teacher would have an affair.. he's the hottest thing on earth :rolleyes:
Reply 28
Eeep, haha, I went to Manor High School (now St Michaels CoE) right next to Merchant Taylors, I bet **** like that goes on in that school too! :p:
I went to Manor too. My neighbour went to Merchant Taylors :smile: But anyway, under normal adult circumstances the age gap is perfectly acceptable. But in these circumstances I still think its a breach of professionalism.
one of my ex girlfriends dated and slept with a teacher when she was all of 16. The teacher treated her really badly, but then so did most guys she dated (not me though). Honestly he didn't really do anything better/worse than the majority of her boyfriends. He ws her rebound from me (her mom forced us to break up). With that in mind there isn't anything wrong with the relationships if the teacher doesn't actually teach the pupil direct, but works in their school.

There is an issue when the teacher teaches the pupil though and they should definitely be fired. However if somebody sleeps with someone over 16 they shouldn't be put on the sex offenders register whether they teach them or not! It's the age of consent for a reason. Also possibly a pupil over 16 should face recriminations for sleeping with a teacher because it does work both ways.
Reply 31
This happened at my school the year after I left

Latest

Trending

Trending