The Student Room Group

retaking year 12

Hey, guys im in year 12 doing sociology business and media alevels. My mocks are this upcoming week and I'm so nervous not because of the content that I don't know but because of the overwhelming thought of pupils around me and the invigilators which is why I'm scared I will forget everything and panic lol. Any advice on how not to feel overwhelmed before the exam?

THANKS, GUYSSS
Reply 1
I think your problem can be solved by going to a member of student support staff and telling them about your worries - they usually have a smaller room for pupils who need extra time/feel anxiety like you do. its nothing to be ashamed of and the teachers should be more than happy to accomodate for you, they want you to do your best and if its not possible in the regular atmosphere then you deserve to have a better space :smile: hope it goes well!

and if they don't have space for you/don't think there's enough time to change your exam seat (very unlikely) then just try to go through grounding techniques like the 54321 method; there's plenty more techniques detailed if you search them up. the app clear fear is also useful if you're worrying the night before etc, just keep all your things prepared and know your candidate number if you need it ready for the day so you don't need to worry about it. honestly, as someone who sat GCSEs and has done a few mock exams before i don't feel nervous anymore but its completely valid to be nervous about the unknown <3 good luck with your exams and im sure you'll do great!

Quick Reply

Latest