The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The North and South are both crap, Scotland's well better.

(North's the better of the two tho...)
blondie_lauren
also I HATE the fact most if not every northener has been to some part of the south, however loads and loads of southeners have never been to the north therefore can't really make judgement, but they do! how the hell could you not have travelled past the midlands, or for a lot of you, watford?!?! :wink:

I have no need to travel north. That is why.
Reply 42
yeah its just common decency
manors cost nothing.

Manors are bloody expensive I'll have you know.
naivesincerity
Would you agree that the friendliness means less? Because its given easier?

north or south? to be fair everyones rude but i do think the north is a friendlier place :-) but its probabaly because as someone said most people associate the south with london alone and most people you see there are working therefore busy/stressed/no need to be friendly etc
Reply 44
GetTheeToANunnery
Manors? They cost a fecking bomb!

Manners, on the other hand...

Ygraine
Manors are fairly expensive last I checked. Manners, however, cost nothing :p:

well done i cant spell what do you want from me this isnt an english exam an you all knew what i meant.
Reply 45
blondie_lauren
how do i sound stupid, please enlighten me. it's true, i just saw someones comment that said "i've never been up north"

so tell me where i so obviously offended your intelligence since your "giving up", as if you could make a difference to this lengthy argument!

I dont really want to make a difference, purely because I couldn't give a damn of whatever divide there is. This is probably due to the fact that i'm a northerner, who then lived in the midlands, and then London for 4 years. I have a pretty good idea of both sides of the camp. But ultimately when someone like you comes along and says it's a "fact" that more northerners have been down south than vice-versa, is a joke - why? because a northerner could come along and say the same "i've never been down south".

Ultimately this argument goes on and on for no real reason, but I live safe in the knowledge that i'm still having fun here, more so than up there.
Rehehelly
I have no need to travel north. That is why.

see theres the southern attitude shining through. theres no need to travel north? why do we travel south? you can't say you wouldn't like to visit cities like manchester/leeds/liverpool/newcastle. i guess us northeners are well cultered and like to explore the rest of our country rather than just our region :o: :wink:
blondie_lauren
see theres the southern attitude shining through. theres no need to travel north? why do we travel south? you can't say you wouldn't like to visit cities like manchester/leeds/liverpool/newcastle. i guess us northeners are well cultered and like to explore the rest of our country rather than just our region :o: :wink:

1. If I wanted to go shopping/go out i'd go to London
2. I have a beach and a common to drink & have a barbecue on in the summer
3. If I want to go somewhere, i'll stay with my sister in Kent.

I don't see the point in travelling north for something I don't need to go for :s-smilie:

edit; Don't really see the point in exploring somewhere just for the sake of it anyway, it's still England. Gonna be the same, just different accents.
Reply 48
Liverpool City of Culture Baby :P
London... Boris Johnson.......

lol jk jk
Reply 49
Wisdom teeth are CRAAAP
Reply 50
edit; Don't really see the point in exploring somewhere just for the sake of it anyway, it's still England. Gonna be the same, just different accents.
Not really, otherwise we couldn’t be having this North/South divide thing in the first place.
erk
I dont really want to make a difference, purely because I couldn't give a damn of whatever divide there is. This is probably due to the fact that i'm a northerner, who then lived in the midlands, and then London for 4 years. I have a pretty good idea of both sides of the camp. But ultimately when someone like you comes along and says it's a "fact" that more northerners have been down south than vice-versa, is a joke - why? because a northerner could come along and say the same "i've never been down south".

Ultimately this argument goes on and on for no real reason, but I live safe in the knowledge that i'm still having fun here, more so than up there.

people like me? people like me who take threads on a north/south divide on a student website so seriously? yea thats me. whats a bit of banter between a few losers even willing to argue their cases. i'm simply saying i have noticed that on these topic things more southeners use the argument/excuse/point that they have never been up north. and i've never seen someone from the north saying they've never been down south. merely my opinion, i really dont care if you've been "both sides of the camp" i was simply making a point, pick on someone else coz they made an error and you think you're clever picking up on it! (i never said "thats a fact" i said "the fact that..." therefore not really meaning it was an actual FACT i'm sure many people use this phrase without evident proof as to what they are about to say :-|)
I love North-westerners but Scousers are chippy. Dont care for Geordies much either or Yorkshire folk.
Reply 53
I have never visited anywhere in the north - I have lived in London my whole life and visited various parts of southern England and Wales. I'll be going to live in York this year, so I shall see!

To be honest, I could not stand to live in a village where everyone knows each other though. I am a friendly and open person who has no problem finding the people I click with and making polite acquaintances with everyone else. But I understand what was said somewhere above about not wanting the responsibility of almost feeling forced to be involved with people. I like the southern reserve, making friends with people you want to be close friends with is still easy.

I agree people in central London can be a bit groggy or seem to ignore everyone around them. But I will bet none of you have visited the suburbs where it is generally completely different - because people aren't fed up of trying to push through crowds so they won't be late for work when you meet them in the suburbs. All commuters are fairly grumpy, but in London the majority of them are still polite too. I come across the occasional prick who's unnecessarily rude or selfish, but out of so many hundreds of people the chances are higher.
naivesincerity
I love North-westerners but Scousers are chippy. Dont care for Geordies much either or Yorkshire folk.

geordies are north-easteners!! and yorkshires yorkshire, its not really the north west or the north east. you wanna come to lancashire ;-)! x
blondie_lauren
geordies are north-easteners!! and yorkshires yorkshire, its not really the north west or the north east. you wanna come to lancashire ;-)! x

That an invitation? :smile:
naivesincerity
That an invitation? :smile:

of course ;-)! unlike your like the rest of these north hating southeners! :-)
Northern creed is bad though..thats horrible.
dealing with recruitment consultants being rude etc

That was Scotland tbf.
blondie_lauren
of course ;-)! unlike your like the rest of these north hating southeners! :-)

Aww thanks. :o:
Reply 59
I come from the South (Hertfordshire) but live in the North (Sheffield) the majority of the time. The only thing that's different really is the accent, seriously. The people are equally as (un)friendly in both places.

London is somewhat of an exception. Yes, people in London are rude; but no more so than in any capital city in the world.

Latest

Trending

Trending