The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm a waitress, its so hard to get a job atm though nowheres hiring and everythings closing.
x.Charlotte
Had a job working in a car garage since last spring, 3 hours on a saturday morning sortingh out the workshops for 20 quid ain't bad :biggrin:
woh, £6.60 wage for a 16 year old? Who says capitalism sucks :biggrin:
punktopia
Not everyone is materialistic.

Hey, how did you get that I'm materialistic? Everything in life costs money so I need money. I don't go and blow my money on clothes but if mine no longer fit I will need to buy some more. If I need to travel anywhere I will have to pay for it. I pay my rent, I pay for my food. Those aren't material things.

Don't assume what I'm like.
Yeah, I work in duty free n get £10 an hour, n get free perfume!! its the coolest job eva
Despite being just 21, I have always worked for my father since about 15... held a regular Saturday position for two years; had my own job too. I believe work makes the man.
becky.fm
Hmm.. i don't know you, but i think i've seen you mention your drug taking about 6 or 7 times now. :s-smilie:

I don#t mention it much/I'm not a druggy lmao. *Thinks* I think I said something in the teenage experience thread but that's about it. Honestly, I don't do it much...
I had a summer job for 8 weeks does that count??
becky.fm
Hmm.. i don't know you, but i think i've seen you mention your drug taking about 6 or 7 times now. :s-smilie:

x2

I can imagine her being bloody irritating irl
Reply 48
I'm into setting up shop and movin O's.

Never had a 9-5

I Super Grind.
Reply 49
hanna118212
Hey, how did you get that I'm materialistic? Everything in life costs money so I need money. I don't go and blow my money on clothes but if mine no longer fit I will need to buy some more. If I need to travel anywhere I will have to pay for it. I pay my rent, I pay for my food. Those aren't material things.

Don't assume what I'm like.

Ooo, defensive! I like a girl with a bit of bite.
I used to wipe arses in the toilets at Morrisons, the hours were fine it was just that the pension was disappointing.
yep. in fact i have a job now as well.. i'd be so ****** if i didn't - no money :o:
punktopia
Ooo, defensive! I like a girl with a bit of bite.

Well you gave me the bait!
yep. I currently work as a chef. I'm off to work soon. :frown: just want to curl up with the gf though.
I've worked for neary two years now helping yr2's learn Hebrew at my synagogue. More for the experience than the money, as its only two 1/2 hours a week so I don't earn much from it [but the pay is generous considering its only 2 1/2 hours a week] but then I'm lucky and at the moment my parents give me an allowance. Once I start uni I'll need to get a job evenings & weekends so I can actually live though, because I'll only qualify for a minimum maintance grant and my parents can't afford to give me much money for uni.
Reply 55
Always had a part time job, and have full time one now before uni.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz workings for chumps
Reply 57
Yeah, but only during the holidays, thank God. Working on a checkout is awful; I hear the beeping in my head when I'm trying to get to sleep!
Work at my local stadium. Get to see the footy for free!
Reply 59
I work part time in my families business

Latest

Trending

Trending