The Student Room Group

Does an interview at Tesco generally lead to employment?

Had an interview yesterday, and I think it's went great. Probably the smoothest interview I have ever had, and the first one in over 3 months of applying for jobs.

I got shown the section I'll be working in, what I'll be doing and a small tour and said I should hear from them in a few days. For sure thought I'll be getting it.

Then, not even an hour after the interview finished, I got an email saying they will not be taking my application forward for the role I applied for. I was immediately upset, but wondered how they decided so quickly.

Then I realised I had applied to the same role several times at the same time, and thought maybe this email is for one of those.

I know an interview doesn't guarantee you a job, but I did hear that people who are invited to Tesco for an interview do get it. Friends and family that I know that have had interviews at Tesco all got the job. Maybe someone else can confirm?

It's only been a day, so I guess I'll have to wait. But if anyone does know, wouldn't be great to hear. Thanks
I had a phone interview back in November and was offered the job on the spot. From what they said, my availability and the date I could start was exactly what they needed and that’s why I was offered it there and then. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
i had an interview an aldi and it went really well and i still got rejected so idk 😃✋🏽
Original post by Dallass
Had an interview yesterday, and I think it's went great. Probably the smoothest interview I have ever had, and the first one in over 3 months of applying for jobs.

I got shown the section I'll be working in, what I'll be doing and a small tour and said I should hear from them in a few days. For sure thought I'll be getting it.

Then, not even an hour after the interview finished, I got an email saying they will not be taking my application forward for the role I applied for. I was immediately upset, but wondered how they decided so quickly.

Then I realised I had applied to the same role several times at the same time, and thought maybe this email is for one of those.

I know an interview doesn't guarantee you a job, but I did hear that people who are invited to Tesco for an interview do get it. Friends and family that I know that have had interviews at Tesco all got the job. Maybe someone else can confirm?

It's only been a day, so I guess I'll have to wait. But if anyone does know, wouldn't be great to hear. Thanks

Obviously an interview is a good sign as you have got further with the job, but unfortunately an interview doesn't guarantee that you will get it. Give it a few days to see if you hear anything. In the meantime keep applying for other stuff just in case.
Original post by aliaa03
i had an interview an aldi and it went really well and i still got rejected so idk 😃✋🏽

At least they actually rejected you. I had an interview (it was at one of those open day things as they had vacancies at all the nearby stores). I then went for a bit of an on the job type thing (there was me and 1 other woman there). Im still waiting to hear back a good 6 years later.
They are likely to be interviewing a lot of people and so it may just be that you haven’t made the cut this time - perhaps someone had better availability, performed even better in interview, is younger than you and can be paid less. You can never know!

Wait a few days and see if you hear anything else, then reach out for clarification. Unfortunately, the job market is tricky due to COVID, and so each role will be competitive. If it’s a no, just keep applying and you will get something.
Don't worry!

I have had two interviews for two different Tesco's and I still didn't get the job.
Reply 7
Original post by Dallass

I had an interview with them just a couple of days ago, all the other Tesco's I kept constantly getting rejected and somehow I got a phone call and it was a small Tesco Express they called from and they said they saw my cv as I have previous work there that was part of my school work experience. I'm praying that I get this job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending