The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship Advice..??

Basically its for my girlfriend, she is a hairdresser..

Been on an apprenticeship since June 2007 and qualified in December 2008, 6 months before she should have done. She is 18.

Should she be on NMW now she has qualified? Her employers are telling her that she is only entitled to apprentice wage until June when her apprenticeship contract ends, which at the moment for her is £105 per week, however the college tutors have told her that she should be on NMW as she is no longer learning..

Any advice/ experiences.. As you can probably understand, it is quite important to her.. NMW would nearly double her wages, and so being on around £2.60 an hour is very frustrating..

Ta :smile:
I think they should give her the minimum wage at least, cheap buggers. Alternatively she could look for another job?
Reply 2
inksplodge
I think they should give her the minimum wage at least, cheap buggers. Alternatively she could look for another job?

Ye I think shes gonna have a work with the boss and if they dont sort it out then shes gna look elsewhere.. Obv now shes qualified, she can get her own chair at a place and be earning her own money anyway, which might work out better for her anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending