The Student Room Group

Radiography degree apprenticeship

Hello, just finished a levels. Not confident for results but if it goes well I've been looking at nhs degree apprentaships. anyone doing NHS degree apprenticeship? I've ibtervuew for diagnostic radiography. I will be on 20k a year and get free degree. It seems too good tbh. Anyone doing this at bangor uni or done this?
Reply 1
Original post by JerryAttrick
Hello, just finished a levels. Not confident for results but if it goes well I've been looking at nhs degree apprentaships. anyone doing NHS degree apprenticeship? I've ibtervuew for diagnostic radiography. I will be on 20k a year and get free degree. It seems too good tbh. Anyone doing this at bangor uni or done this?

Hey, this is an amazing route really good starting salary dont make the mistake of going to uni whatever happens. Try get onto an apprenticeship. If it doesnt happen look for a job somewhat similar to yours there will be plenty and get experience so much more beneficial and then keep applying for apprenticeships. It wont be easy but stick it out and keep pushing.

What company did u interview for
Reply 3
Powys. Have u applied too?
Is it a scam? It seems wayy too good. I probs won't be successful tho so not worrying too much
Reply 4
Original post by Bhop23
Hey, this is an amazing route really good starting salary dont make the mistake of going to uni whatever happens. Try get onto an apprenticeship. If it doesnt happen look for a job somewhat similar to yours there will be plenty and get experience so much more beneficial and then keep applying for apprenticeships. It wont be easy but stick it out and keep pushing.

Thank u. Appreciate it
Powys. Have u applied too?
Is it a scam? It seems wayy too good. I probs won't be successful tho so not worrying too much

Thanks, its real cuz its by birmingham uni
Reply 6
It's at bangir uni in wrwxgam campus. Is course related w burlingame too? Do u know anyone doing apprenticeship like this or u do one?
Reply 7

Hey,How did you manage to find a diagnostic Radiography apprenticeship,I can't find one anywhere online
Reply 8
They are out there. They usually look for applicants that are already working in hospitals ie. the trust that you work for will be funding the apprenticeship to fill gaps in their services.
my advice get a role as a RDA in a radiography department. learn as much as you can and keep you eye on TRAC ( the nhs job site) they have just done a mass recruitment for a cohort starting March. i expect the next will be Sept.

remember its a job ......they will ask you about how you will balance the workload with the learning
Reply 9
Original post by Aiden_t_06
Hey,How did you manage to find a diagnostic Radiography apprenticeship,I can't find one anywhere online

Usually go out via nhs jobs September-December.

As per Annie's advice, try and again some experience working beforehand in an acute Trust. Best as a radiology assistant but if not able then a healthcare/csw in an emergency department/assessment unit where you will have good exposure to radiology practices.
Reply 10
hi there i was wondering if anyone has seen any new openings for 2024 degree apprenticeships for radiography i am currently sitting my a levles and do have some uni choices lined uo but i would really prefer to do a degree apprenticeship
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by foph
hi there i was wondering if anyone has seen any new openings for 2024 degree apprenticeships for radiography i am currently sitting my a levles and do have some uni choices lined uo but i would really prefer to do a degree apprenticeship

There is a link to search for live apprenticeships on the following webpage:

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/study-and-training/nhs-apprenticeships
Reply 12
Original post by Annie E
They are out there. They usually look for applicants that are already working in hospitals ie. the trust that you work for will be funding the apprenticeship to fill gaps in their services.
my advice get a role as a RDA in a radiography department. learn as much as you can and keep you eye on TRAC ( the nhs job site) they have just done a mass recruitment for a cohort starting March. i expect the next will be Sept.
remember its a job ......they will ask you about how you will balance the workload with the learning
Sorry just wanna ask a couple quick questions? Im on a gap year right now and I’ve applied for radiography at uni but im trying to do an apprenticeship in radiography. You think I should gain some experience for now by shadowing radiographers and working in and around their department and then in September I get some applications in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending