The Student Room Group

Leaving apprenticeship (URGENT)

Hi guys ,

I need your help and advice. I want to leave my current apprenticeship and Join another one . The other apprenticeship is a different course. I have onboarded with training provider and signed a contract. I have a 1 week notice with the employer . My plan is to book some annual leave , and start my other role and then give my notice period in . The reason is because I have my offer pulled out before and I don’t want it to happen again , so I want to start the new role and then basically leave that old one . Can somebody please help and Advice me
Hi
Hi can someone help plz
Reply 3
You need to hand your notice in so your end date is before your next start date. Without boring you with details, it’s for apprenticeship levy funding eligibility and tax purposes.
There’s also specific .gov apprenticeship ruling on this around number of hours worked and dual employment status that conflicts with doing it any other way.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Chris2892
You need to hand your notice in so your end date is before your next start date. Without boring you with details, it’s for apprenticeship levy funding eligibility and tax purposes.
There’s also specific .gov apprenticeship ruling on this around number of hours worked and dual employment status that conflicts with doing it any other way.

Yes I need to hand in my notice , so they don’t see that I’m already on one . But the thing is I want to sign a contract of employment before that . In case the company doesn’t want to hire anymore . I had that happen before

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending