The Student Room Group

Foreigners, what stereotypes do you associate with the British?

Scroll to see replies

hm...arrogant, pernickety, bad in bed ( seriously, I have no idea where this came from, but whenever I tell people I love British people they always tell me that :rolleyes: ), bad sense of humour
after living in England for abit, I only believe the pernickety thing. ( Sorry :p: )
DrSbaitso
Just the same ones you've probably heard a million times. Basically we think you're all pale-skinned, Cockney, ginger, beer-drinking, tea-drinking, well-spoken, well-dressed, intelligent, stoic, French-haters with bad teeth.

Wow...apart from the ginger part that's pretty much it! :lolz:
Xristina
hm...arrogant, pernickety, bad in bed ( seriously, I have no idea where this came from, but whenever I tell people I love British people they always tell me that :rolleyes: ), bad sense of humour
after living in England for abit, I only believe the pernickety thing. ( Sorry :p: )

They're just jealous :wink:
ah yeah, and tea lovers ! Wow, that is true...calm down people, it's tea...I drink it when I have a shore throat :p: :p:
Reply 24
Xristina

im going to america to work in the summer i so hope some fit girl tells me the british are bad in bed, because then i can use a really smooth chat up line something like "well theres only one way to find out"
also do they have tea in the usa?
Reply 25
YOUR ONLY SUPPOSE TO BLOW THE BLARDY DOORS OFF <3
famous phrase :wink:
Reply 26
English tea is quite nasty
cadaeibfeceh
They're just jealous :wink:

ahaha, maybe the arrogant thing is also correct :p:

*edit* ah ! And also, beautiful accents :biggrin: we all believe that
Xristina
ah yeah, and tea lovers ! Wow, that is true...calm down people, it's tea...I drink it when I have a shore throat :p: :p:

Does it help that I don't like it? lol
I do love all the British food though :coma:
Reply 29
passive aggressive, just itching to become active
Xristina

Lol I've no idea actually, never asked anyone who's had the experience to compare Brits to non- lol
Reply 31
Cyclone33

:lolwut:
Reply 32
jamsarny
ive spoke to alot of americans they think we all have yellow teeth smoke and drink, but also think our accents are hot.

Tea and crumpets anyone :biggrin:

I was going out with a yank at college, and she just loved the british accent. She thought it was 'pansyfied' whatever that means, but adored it.
Reply 33
Tea-drinking, weather-obsessed, nice accent, stiff upper lip, cold, arrogant, desperate to hold on to former glory, etc.

(just kidding :p:)
Xristina

*edit* ah ! And also, beautiful accents :biggrin: we all believe that

Cheers guvna :p:
Agneisse
Tea-drinking, weather-obsessed, nice accent, stiff upper lip, desperate to hold on to former Empire glory, etc.

I go to posh school...and I know the exact person you just described :lolz:
Reply 36
Agneisse
Tea-drinking, weather-obsessed, nice accent, stiff upper lip, cold, arrogant, desperate to hold on to former glory, etc.

sounds like me tbh:wink:
add to that list sarcastic and you're bang on.
Erm, can all those that are British please not give their opinions/assumptions. Not that I wrote this thread, but I'd much rather see what foreigners thought rather than what the British thought foreigners thought. So please shut up.
Reply 38
Cyclone33

How DARE YOU!

*Subscribes*

Does anyone fancy playing up to these sterotypes?
I am heading to America this summer and planning to play up my Irishness to the full despite being from Norn Iron. hehe.

Why fight sterotypes? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending