The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Its settled here, only about a cm though.
Reply 181
IT SNOWED IN CANTERBURY!

Spent the whole day making snowmen etc :biggrin: Uni might have to be put on hold tomorrow...:ninja:
Reply 182
I am excited of the snow but it's a bit off timing. I have to go to London tomorrow.. :frown:
eden
but you have a day off today!:confused:

Whoa! No I haven't! I've spent about 6 hours editing the school newspaper, redesigning it's layout in InDesign. I have certainly not had a day off.

A day off tomorrow would be lovely. So I can spend it in bed recovering from the rotten cold I have :smile:

And as the other person that quoted you said, Can never have too man days off :biggrin:

Oh, and it's snowing in London now. lol
5-10 cm in Canada is a picnic.
idealreality
5-10 cm in Canada is a picnic.

We're not in Canada though, hence why we're excited :biggrin:
getinthevan
We're not in Canada though, hence why we're excited :biggrin:

It's pretty cute actually. "perishing -10 degrees Celsius" actually made me laugh, you guys are very lucky :smile:
Yay Ive Got A Few Cm Of Snow Already Tonight - South East Londoon
idealreality
It's pretty cute actually. "perishing -10 degrees Celsius" actually made me laugh, you guys are very lucky :smile:

We are if it actually snows properly! And then only if we get snow day, it's pointless otherwise :frown:
Reply 189
Really really REALLY want a snow day...

(South East England)
getinthevan
We are if it actually snows properly! And then only if we get snow day, it's pointless otherwise :frown:

Yeah, I second that. There's been many a time here in the old North where we had -12 ( feels like -26 with the windchill) plus 15 cm. of snow but we still had to go to school because there roads weren't 'icy' enough. Hopefully you'll all get your snow days.
idealreality
Yeah, I second that. There's been many a time here in the old North where we had -12 ( feels like -26 with the windchill) plus 15 cm. of snow but we still had to go to school because there roads weren't 'icy' enough. Hopefully you'll all get your snow days.

My college is attached to a secondary in a town with a lot of outlying rural villages, so if it snows some then we're golden :biggrin: and even if it's only the moors kids who don't come in, there won't be enough of us to bother doing the work anyway. Roads can be really bad round here though so I'm not too sure I fancy driving :s-smilie:
Reply 192
aaah its settled here already! this is exciting, i live in east london so any snow we get NEVER settles! soooo hoping for a snow day tomorrow :biggrin:
What's a 'snow day' - is it when school closes due to snow?
Reply 194
I hope the snows not to bad tomorrow morning, Ive got to get in uni before 10am to hand in an essay from the other side of town and traffic is a nightmare already atm with roadworks all over the place... add rain to that and things come to a standstill :frown:
Ahh, I've got the most amazing view out of my window! Even the rotten streets of Lewisham can look beautiful when covered in snow. It's looking pretty heavy, so hopefully no school tomorrow. Does anyone know if they'll be cancelling train lines on the Southeastern Network tomorrow?
The Stig
What's a 'snow day' - is it when school closes due to snow?

YEAHBABY!
My school NEVER closes down, though. I'm pretty sure I once heard part of the roof got blown off and they still made people come in, just cordoned off that area.
Its times like these I wish Uni wasnt a walk away, and that I had to travel by car, but oh no, car is ploughed in and too dangerous to drive on the icy roads!! Lets all make some snow angels insteadd!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
oh loverly!!!! just what we all need. i guess it will give me a chance to get up 2 date with my homework. im going 2 brave the weather 2moz and stock up on chocolate- if only 2 keep me sane. (ill have 2 babysit my brother)- funnnnnnnnn
I've been waiting for the snow and I just went to close my curtains to find there's snow everywhere. I completely missed it!

Latest

Trending

Trending