The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

NinjaBread
Does the teacher mark it?

Yes, it's internally assessed, although it may be moderated (although I believe it's visiting moderation, so it still won't be 'sent away' as such) - your school will know by now if that's happening.
TheUnbeliever
Yes, it's internally assessed, although it may be moderated (although I believe it's visiting moderation, so it still won't be 'sent away' as such) - your school will know by now if that's happening.

Ahh ok Thansk!
Ill ask my teacher what I got hehe fingers crossed its good news =P

What percentage are these projects worth?
NinjaBread
Ahh ok Thansk!
Ill ask my teacher what I got hehe fingers crossed its good news =P

What percentage are these projects worth?

They're 60 marks, with the exam worth 140, so 30%.
Reply 23
Our teacher wouldn't tell us our coursework mark, she said we were being moderated by the SQA and she wouldn't tell us incase they decided to change our marks :-(

Good thing about computing - for me at least- is there's 8 ays between it and my previous exam, so a bit of relaxation is in order at that point I think :-D
NinjaBread
Does the teacher mark it? Cos I haven't found out my mark :s-smilie: I want to know lol I thought it got sent away

Yeah they do but they get sent away to the SQA aswell or something. I guess it helped to know my grade roughly (they are subject to change after the SQA have marked them) so I can work out how many more marks I need in the exam to get an A...

I did go and speak to her and being the total idiot she is she just said, "Oh I forgot why you got a low mark." Well, that was helpful..
Reply 25
bananaslug77
Yeah they do but they get sent away to the SQA aswell or something. I guess it helped to know my grade roughly (they are subject to change after the SQA have marked them) so I can work out how many more marks I need in the exam to get an A...

I did go and speak to her and being the total idiot she is she just said, "Oh I forgot why you got a low mark." Well, that was helpful..

The teacher's give you a mark and the SQA compare a certain number from a class set so i believe. And if they suspect cheating then they mark you down, or if they believe the teacher is under or over markin they will change your mark.

And that is absolutely awful, she should at least remember.

I got 57/60 overall guys. Should be a breeze getting an A in the final exam.
haha, i started this forum and havent replied since, but I thought i would let you all know I did shockingly bad in the project 41/60 and will probably fail the exam as i got 49% and 47% in both prelims- just as well ive got my place at uni secured!!...Well done to everyone who done well
Reply 27

Is 20.5%, so you need a minimum of 80 marks to pass in the final exam, which is 60% of the paper i think...

So you should be fine! Good luck :smile:
Connorrr

Is 20.5%, so you need a minimum of 80 marks to pass in the final exam, which is 60% of the paper i think...

So you should be fine! Good luck :smile:

well say i get 20 for section 1, 30 for section 2 and 30 for secion 3 thats 80, so I think i could manage that, thank you, i feel a bit better!

Good luck to you as well for next week mate
How did everyone find the exam?

Latest

Trending

Trending