The Student Room Group
you can do, but oxford road may be closer, or even deansgate (not sure about deansgate)
Reply 2
Well technically the Oxford Road station is nearer the main part of the university, which is on Oxford Road!

Piccadilly isn't exactly millions of miles away though, the northern end of the uni is practically opposite it.......

It doesn't make much difference tbh
Reply 3
It depends where your coming from. If your coming from the south, then you'll probably go to Piccadilly. If your from the north its most likely Victoria station. Bothe these stations are in the city centre so you will have to catch a bus from town to oxford rd, which you can catch from picadilly, buses that go up oxford rd are 50, 50A, 142
Reply 4
Picadilly station is across the road from one of the campuses. So it depends on the campus.
Reply 5
Yeah, like Jim-ie said - are you going to do something related to UMIST or more humanities/languages type thing? Interview, or just to look around? It depends if you want part of the campus that is on Sackville Street and surrounding areas, or the main campus...
Reply 6
Hello,

As the others have said it depends on whether you are heading to north or south campus. If you're heading to the University building on Oxford Road then Oxford Road Station is much nearer. If where you are going is near Sacksville Street then Piccadilly is nearest.

My lectures are on Oxford Road but my train stops at Piccadilly and I get the free student bus (the 147) down to Oxford Road as its less stressful then running across Piccadilly to platform 13 and its a lot better when it's raining too.

HTH

Latest

Trending

Trending