The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Med
Please help!!!!
I have graduated with a 2ii degree....and I would love to take a career in medicine....I missed 2i by 2 points. I would like to do medicine at KCL. Does any one have any suggestions?

Thank you

go on

www.medschoolguide.co.uk then go on their forums and post.
Reply 2
Med
Please help!!!!
I have graduated with a 2ii degree....and I would love to take a career in medicine....I missed 2i by 2 points. I would like to do medicine at KCL. Does any one have any suggestions?

Thank you

as u probably know, its very hard to get onto graduate courses, and you usually need a 2i minimum. What was your degree in, and where was it from?
Reply 3
DanMushMan
as u probably know, its very hard to get onto graduate courses, and you usually need a 2i minimum. What was your degree in, and where was it from?

First and foremost, your degree would need to be in a biological or chemical field. You would idealy also need a first (although a 2:1 would be ok if you had v.good gcse / a-level grades).

On top of this you absolutely NEED work experience in the health-care sector (voluntary work at the local hospital etc) and the med schools perfer students who have done this voluntary work over a long period as it shows commitment (even if it is an hour a week for 1 or 2 years).

As suggested, go onto http://www.medschoolguide.co.uk as they can provide excellant advice.

Latest