The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Thinking of adding one of these two to my collection. Opinions on which one?

Spoiler

Spoiler

EDIT: Done a search, some dude already asked the same question, so no worries!
Reply 141
Kevin J
Thinking of adding one of these two to my collection. Opinions on which one?

Spoiler

Spoiler

EDIT: Done a search, some dude already asked the same question, so no worries!

Just to add my two cents anyway, I own the second watch in the stainless steel version, and it is very nice. The only problem is that the day/date feature can be quite hard to read. Given the same choice now, I'd probably go for the first one.
Reply 142
pinkpont
Just to add my two cents anyway, I own the second watch in the stainless steel version, and it is very nice. The only problem is that the day/date feature can be quite hard to read. Given the same choice now, I'd probably go for the first one.

Good to hear as I just bought it online an hour ago!
Reply 143
Kevin J
Good to hear as I just bought it online an hour ago!

Nice one, let us know what you think when you get to see it in the flesh :smile:
Reply 144
pinkpont

id go for first too, less butons, more discreet.
Reply 145
I have this cute gothy Jack Skellington one which only cost around £6!

Pic attached:
Reply 146

:love:
Reply 147
NoHands
id go for first too, less butons, more discreet.

Indeed, it's not quite sure if it's a dress watch or a sports watch, if you get me.
Reply 148
Micky13
http://www.precisiontime.co.uk/omega-29095082-seamaster-planet-ocean-gents-rubber-strap-watch-p-2099.html

is it me or is this a really different, nice watch? i know it's rubber strap, but i suppose thats part of he whole 'divers design' lol. understated but quite striking at the same time?

I like the rubber strap on my Oris. They impregnate it with vanilla so it doesn't smell of rubber.

I always want Ice Cream though.
Reply 149
pinkpont
Indeed, it's not quite sure if it's a dress watch or a sports watch, if you get me.

yep its like a toyota prius. it sucks as a car, but also is relatively crap at being efficent, it is neither.
Reply 150
NoHands
yep its like a toyota prius. it sucks as a car, but also is relatively crap at being efficent, it is neither.

Haha, a little harsh on my watch, but I see the analogy :tongue:
Reply 151
pinkpont
Haha, a little harsh on my watch, but I see the analogy :tongue:

just explaining what i meant, not that that watch would ever be ranked as low as a prius :wink:
Reply 152
NoHands
just explaining what i meant, not that that watch would ever be ranked as low as a prius :wink:

Haha, you're forgiven then :tongue: Going with the car analogy, I'd probably say Rotaries are the Ford Mondeos of the watch world - excellent value, dependable, but you see plenty of them about :biggrin:

Latest