The Student Room Group

AQA Philosophy 2009 (New Specification) Revision Notes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by conorordan
On Liberty by Mill

Yeah, I'm also doing On Liberty. Not too worried about the Mill paper.
On Liberty by Mill

I found your political philosophy notes very helpful! Do you have any notes on Mill?
Original post by FullMetalX
I found your political philosophy notes very helpful! Do you have any notes on Mill?

Good to hear, I hope they served you well in the exam!

I'm in the process of writing them this second! Will upload them in a couple of days once they're finished.
Good to hear, I hope they served you well in the exam!

I'm in the process of writing them this second! Will upload them in a couple of days once they're finished.

Right on dude! You're awesome :biggrin:
You.are.an.angel.
Oh and just wondering, does anyone have any notes on Knowledge of the External World? It would be greatly appreciated!
hey.does anyone have any notes no epistemology and metaphysics? :smile: i would appreciate it muchly. and will happy to share any notes of mine on AS philosophy unit 1 and tolerance, and when i get round to it philosophy of the mind! :smile:
So I'm done with AS Philosophy, I got a B so if anyone would like my notes on Reason and Experience, Why Should I be Governed, Knowledge of the External World and Freewill & Determinism just give me a message.
Original post by bananaterracottapie
hey.does anyone have any notes no epistemology and metaphysics? :smile: i would appreciate it muchly. and will happy to share any notes of mine on AS philosophy unit 1 and tolerance, and when i get round to it philosophy of the mind! :smile:

I haven't got a full set of notes but if you would want information on certain sections, I can type it up for you, I'd prefer not to type up the whole of it because there's a lot to learn but just message me what sections you want specifically. Also go http://cw.routledge.com/textbooks/philosophy/resources-a2.asp it has everything you need to know for the unit!
Reply 469
Here are my notes on PHIL2, specifically The Value of Art and Free Will and Determinism, if anybody finds them of any use. :smile: I got 95/100 UMS on this particular paper but make sure you don't use the notes as the be all and end all! I also did extra reading around the subjects.

Does anybody have any notes for Moral Philosophy for PHIL3?
Original post by bobbieare
I haven't got a full set of notes but if you would want information on certain sections, I can type it up for you, I'd prefer not to type up the whole of it because there's a lot to learn but just message me what sections you want specifically. Also go http://cw.routledge.com/textbooks/philosophy/resources-a2.asp it has everything you need to know for the unit!

thanks definitely helpful :smile:. ... if you have any notes on mitigated scepticism, and responses to our vulnerability to error that would be helpful :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
thanks definitely helpful :smile:. ..was confused as i didnt know which notes i should as i started a course at college a few years ago but didn't completed it and had entirely different notes than the aqa book... if you have any notes on mitigated scepticism, and responses to our vulnerability to error that would be helpful :smile:

I'll type my notes up when I have time, probably tomorrow so I'll send them to you then!
Original post by bobbieare
I'll type my notes up when I have time, probably tomorrow so I'll send them to you then!

awwhsome :smile: thanks very much!

does anyone have any notes on Descartes meditations 4? not sure if im just missing it or if isn't required for the exam! also any criticisms on meditation 6?
(edited 11 years ago)
hey, another question directed at anybody who can help! i am reading through my notes of criticisms of plato's account of universals and understand infinite regress, and participation...but have no idea what he meant with the "hair" analogy, if anybody knows? :smile:
and on top of that....does anybody have any notes on whether beliefs are voluntary!? :smile: thanks in advance.
hey, another question directed at anybody who can help! i am reading through my notes of criticisms of plato's account of universals and understand infinite regress, and participation...but have no idea what he meant with the "hair" analogy, if anybody knows? :smile:

My teacher never mentioned that, could you describe it a little more?
awwhsome :smile: thanks very much!

does anyone have any notes on Descartes meditations 4? not sure if im just missing it or if isn't required for the exam! also any criticisms on meditation 6?

Here you go!

Also, Meditation 4 basically says if God won't allow us to be deceived by does he make mistakes. Descartes argues that God has by necessity given him a finite intellect but that he occasionally sins by coming to conclusions about things when he has not yet had a clear and distinct perception

You don't really need to know them in depth, just the basic points, some are also not really that relevant i find unless you specifically want to mention God, the most crucial ones I would say are 1, 2, 5 and 6 and this is only if you really wanna show off!
Reply 477
Original post by ghast
HA!... similar situation here!
Hey is it possible if you could send those notes to me?
Awesome notes! Thanks and well done!

Original post by Kneechuh
These notes were made for the AQA Philosophy new specification. One of the main resources I used was this textbook, alongisde prior knowledge and resources that my school gave me

In the course, only two topics in each unit are supposed to be covered. Usually, the school chooses these, and this is what's happened in my case. As a result, I'm only making notes for the topics my school's covering, for all 4 units (2 AS, 2 A2); so they'll appear here over time. I've split each topic in a unit down into two .doc files. One's a big clump of notes that one should read to understand basic concepts, and the other's a 'key points' document, to refresh your memory when you understand the majority of it. I hope they're of use to some people :smile: . They'll be doing more good here than on my computer

Any advice/feedback would be appreciated, and I'm open to improving these notes/helping anyone out if you need help, so go ahead and ask; and please leave a little 'thanks' if you found these of any use :smile:

Also, if anyone needs help with an issue covered in one of these notes or the philosophy course, just post and I'll try and help as best I can!

My Notes for 'Tolerance' and 'God and the World' (Unit 2)
Notes for 'Freewill and Determinism' and 'The Value of Art' (Unit 2)

What I wrote for question 1 in the January exam. (100 UMS)
Reply 479
Hi, I looked through the notes and they seem really strong. I was wondering if you have any essays which you did for those topics and notes for A2 ?

Thanks

Original post by Kneechuh
These notes were made for the AQA Philosophy new specification. One of the main resources I used was this textbook, alongisde prior knowledge and resources that my school gave me

In the course, only two topics in each unit are supposed to be covered. Usually, the school chooses these, and this is what's happened in my case. As a result, I'm only making notes for the topics my school's covering, for all 4 units (2 AS, 2 A2); so they'll appear here over time. I've split each topic in a unit down into two .doc files. One's a big clump of notes that one should read to understand basic concepts, and the other's a 'key points' document, to refresh your memory when you understand the majority of it. I hope they're of use to some people :smile: . They'll be doing more good here than on my computer

Any advice/feedback would be appreciated, and I'm open to improving these notes/helping anyone out if you need help, so go ahead and ask; and please leave a little 'thanks' if you found these of any use :smile:

Also, if anyone needs help with an issue covered in one of these notes or the philosophy course, just post and I'll try and help as best I can!

My Notes for 'Tolerance' and 'God and the World' (Unit 2)
Notes for 'Freewill and Determinism' and 'The Value of Art' (Unit 2)

What I wrote for question 1 in the January exam. (100 UMS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending