The Student Room Group

Electronic and Software Engineering

I didn't know what section to put this in so I decided on this.

Next year, I will hopefully be applying to do Electronic and Software Engineering at Glasgow University. I'm having trouble getting my head around some things.

http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/prospectus/faculties/engineering/degreeprogrammes/electronicsoftwareengineering/

It can come under Factuality of Science, or Factuality of Engineering... what's the difference?

I'm studying Maths, English, Physics, Graphics and Computing currently, hoping to get C, A, B, B, A in that order. Will this be enough (like I said, I can't get my head around it)?

Thanks.
Reply 1
What faculty it comes under just effects the type of you're degree. BSci/MSci for science faculty and BEng/MEng for engeering. They are the same thing but just different names as far as I know.

I was accepted for this course at glasgow with BBBC in computing/physics/tech studies/maths. I was accepted in clearing but still accepted, so I think you should be fine with AABBC and could probably get in with lower as well:

Electronic & Software Engineering (BEng)
Highers

BBBBC/AAA including Maths and Physics or Technological Studies at BB

From here. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
shire
What faculty it comes under just effects the type of you're degree. BSci/MSci for science faculty and BEng/MEng for engeering. They are the same thing but just different names as far as I know.

That's not entirely true... The difference is who accredits the degree. A BEng/MEng is accredited by an engineering institute such as the IEEE for Electronics. A BSc/MSc is not accredited by a professional organization.

Accredited degrees are generally considered better if you wish to work in the field professionally, as it is an easier route to becoming chartered and therefore being able to place CEng after you name (and a much better salary to boot).

Latest

Trending

Trending