The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I hope she investesd in RBS, and is now a crackhead in Glasgow, whilst he has won the lotto since. I hope.
Reply 61
Fusion
I hope she investesd in RBS, and is now a crackhead in Glasgow, whilst he has won the lotto since. I hope.

unlikely
Reply 62
"It's part of the game." "She played it well." "That's how it works."

Next time you get screwed over by the bus driver because your oyster card broke, please kindly step off the bus and don't utter a single word of complaint, he is only following orders, doing his job.
Parking attendant given you a hard time, slapped a ticket even though you parked for a mere second? Pay up straight away, she was only doing her job.
If you think its fine to screw people over money even if it is _just_ a game, (yeah you win monopoly money or something) don't complain the next time you get royaly screwed over in real life, as the saying goes "Don't hate the playa, hate the game!"
It's a vile game anyway. Unsuprisingly created by the evil degenerate empire of ITV.
That mans faith in humanity = dead
She made him promise ffs lol!!
Reply 65
Haha at the poll. 50 votes for, 50 votes against. A true division :p:
I'd steal - I'd rather give the extra to someone I know and care about!
Reply 67
Pretty harsh.
what happened to her before? did th guy screw her over before or someone else?
Reply 69
I can't help but find that funny...harsh, but funny
Reply 70
i would have bought a contract along.. "if u steal u must give me 50k". then i would steal...
Reply 71
Yeah it's an old 'game' and the only action to take really is to steal. Sad but true.

In terms of that video, she was a complete bitch but also quite clever in putting the repeated onus on him to swear he wasn't going to steal and stuff, distracting away from her having to make any similar claims.

Funnily enough I participated in an economics experiment similar to this at my uni a few weeks ago (although the stakes weren't quite as high :p:) but with three people, and we all agreed to take what equated to the 'split' option. I actually did select 'split' as a sort of personal experiment although I assumed at least one of the other two people would steal. Much to my surprise everyone stuck to their word, no-one stole and we all came out of it the best we could have! So, in my opinion, you shouldn't forget to factor human decency into economic game theory like this, although it often doesn't play a big part.
Reply 72
Gutted. Though he came with nothing, left with nothing, as did all the other contestants. She just got lucky.
Reply 73
I would always steal!
There was another episode where the contestants were playing for £75000 and the one who split (the other stole) ended up losing her house, which she otherwise would have been able to keep if the other contestant didn't steal (Daily Mail article a while back)
Perfectly played, love. It's just the way it goes.
Reply 76
Tyrotoxism
There was another episode where the contestants were playing for £75000 and the one who split (the other stole) ended up losing her house, which she otherwise would have been able to keep if the other contestant didn't steal (Daily Mail article a while back)

So? I don't see the point you're trying to make.
It is a game and all that but when such large sums are involved I feel it changes. That guy's life would have been transformed. He looked completely devasted.

A lack of morals like that represents any false notion of 'broken Britain' more than all the youth issues the media and others moan on and on about.
reems23
So? I don't see the point you're trying to make.

I wasn't trying to make a point, just thought the story was relevant.
It's harsh cause it's a harsh game. I'd be pretty bummed out if that happened to me. Sometimes it isn't about tactics - if the other person steals, you're not getting anything no matter what you choose. It doesn't matter whether he trusted her or not.

Latest

Trending

Trending