The Student Room Group

Young Love.

How do you get a girl to crave a relationship from you?

Without seeming like a creep, I recently met a girl that I've found a strong interest in. We hang out almost everyday partaking in different events. I frequently make stops at the store with her, and I get her snacks of her liking and she knows I like her, I've had friends ask her maybe 2 times about me. And I asked myself while we were alone. She said she did not want to hurt my feelings, but she couldn't do a relationship. I said that's totally ok as we'd been really close and I didn't want to lose even the friendship. I told her I'm moving on but we can still be cool, we continue to hang out everyday actually I'm going a little bit later. And I'm a good looking guy, taller than her, her parents brother and friends love me, and I definitely have options. Its confusing how she does not see it but I don't want to be that type of guy to force it I'd like to respect her and keep the relationship with her mom.

Shall I move on and show other girls attention in front of her or should I continue to pursue her in hopes she will want to get with me? Which I have no interest in. Allow yourselves to speak, I'm trying to get this over with before Christmas.
i think you should be patient and wait maybe she Isn´t ready because of her past relationships or because she feels like she isn't ready to be in one yet and i think soon you guys might get together soon with how your explaining your guys friendship😁
Reply 2
If a girl says she doesn't want a relationship she means she doesn't want a relationship with you; don't be surprised if she finds someone else in future.

Don't behave like an idiot and play stupid games. You can't force someone to love you, so don't even try. Attempting to make her jealous won't improve things and will just show you up as immature and thoughtless.
Original post by Surnia
If a girl says she doesn't want a relationship she means she doesn't want a relationship with you; don't be surprised if she finds someone else in future.

Don't behave like an idiot and play stupid games. You can't force someone to love you, so don't even try. Attempting to make her jealous won't improve things and will just show you up as immature and thoughtless.

your just being rude and maybe she isn't ready and he said that he doesn't want to force her, you cant just say stuff like it you don´t know who she is or how she feels or have her thoughts she might just dont want a relationship with anyone
Original post by Anonymous #2
your just being rude and maybe she isn't ready and he said that he doesn't want to force her, you cant just say stuff like it you don´t know who she is or how she feels or have her thoughts she might just dont want a relationship with anyone

but OP clearly knows her and from the info he gave us, she isn't into him, there's no need to make excuses up for her.
The girl in question clearly knows him and has given her answer. Anything else is faffing about and as Surnia points out, is liable to be emotionally immature.
Original post by Anonymous #3
but OP clearly knows her and from the info he gave us, she isn't into him, there's no need to make excuses up for her.

you cant just suggest that she dont like him your not her so how do u know for sure and im not making excuses its just that maybe she has another reason for not wanting a relationship
Original post by Anonymous
you cant just suggest that she dont like him your not her so how do u know for sure and im not making excuses its just that maybe she has another reason for not wanting a relationship

By this logic no one can say anything because they don't know her. The OP invtied opinions, we're giving them.

He expressed romantic interest, she said no. We could all come up with hypothetical reasons as to why that might be, but the most obvious, (given they're at least friends and talk to each other frequently, so seem to be on honest and open terms), is that she just not romantically interested.
She just doesn't want a relationship with you, that's all. Move on and stop trying to play games. The fact that you're there still wanting to be with someone who clearly has indicated they don't want to be with you shows you aren't mature enough. Please be logical and not emotional.
Reply 9

Rude? Or realistic?

And you're criticising me when the OP thinks it's a good idea to play stupid mind games?
hi op

i was in the same situation as you are, and i agree it is not easy to decide what to do in the end, but it is defo not worth playing the jealous game with her. What I suggest is to simply stay friends with her, continue being funny, confident and respective. Furthermore, you can begin talking to other girls in your year and maybe, you'll catch feelings for another girl. If you dont get in a relationship any soon, just remember that you will encounter 1000 other women in your lifetime, so it is not worth beating yourself up mentally over one girl.

Good luck!
Reply 11

We're old enough and experienced enough to know how this infinitely played out scenario goes.

It is obvious from your reply that you are young and inexperienced.

Your logic here precludes any of us from ever giving an opinion on anything. Occam's Razor is useful in this instance.
Reply 12
Original post by NycCrazyRats
hi op

i was in the same situation as you are, and i agree it is not easy to decide what to do in the end, but it is defo not worth playing the jealous game with her. What I suggest is to simply stay friends with her, continue being funny, confident and respective. Furthermore, you can begin talking to other girls in your year and maybe, you'll catch feelings for another girl. If you dont get in a relationship any soon, just remember that you will encounter 1000 other women in your lifetime, so it is not worth beating yourself up mentally over one girl.

Good luck!

An eminently sensible reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending