The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fire2burn
When Hitler tried to take over Europe i'm pretty sure guns were tantamount in defeating the invading forces. Thus guns were protecting the populace.

We are in the year 2009. Not the bloody 1940s!

Back then, people didn't give 2 ***** about gun crime.

And btw, we aren't in war now, so...
ITT ignorant people who have weak backbones and would let their family and property be bossed around by a home invader.
im so academic
But what's the difference between an illegal firearm and a normal gun? They both kill, so, they're as bad as each other.

The same difference as there is between illegally possessing a knife and legally possessing a knife. They can both be use to kill, but it is the people illegally walking about the street with a knife that kill not the one using them normally.
Reply 43
"THAT RIFLE HANGING ON THE WALL OF THE WORKING-CLASS FLAT OR LABOURER'S COTTAGE IS THE SYMBOL OF DEMOCRACY. IT IS OUR JOB TO SEE THAT IT STAYS THERE" - George Orwell.

Banning guns is just a pretty poor (as in, it doesn't work) last-ditch attempt at trying to reduce gun crime, rather than actually tackling the reasons for violent crime in the first place.
Gremlins
"THAT RIFLE HANGING ON THE WALL OF THE WORKING-CLASS FLAT OR LABOURER'S COTTAGE IS THE SYMBOL OF DEMOCRACY. IT IS OUR JOB TO SEE THAT IT STAYS THERE" - George Orwell.
Good quote.
im so academic
We are in the year 2009. Not the bloody 1940s!

Back then, people didn't give 2 ***** about gun crime.

And btw, we aren't in war now, so...

No no, your question was:

im so academic

When has ever a gun protected someone? :rolleyes:

I gave you an example so don't you try to worm your way out of being wrong.
fire2burn
No no, your question was:

I gave you an example so don't you try to worm your way out of being wrong.

I was being rhetorical AND sarcastic.
No, you were just being braindead.
Reply 48
If an Oxbridge admissions tutor read the OP, I guess they would immediately reject you.
im so academic
Fine - anyone caught with a gun should be thrown into prison. No exceptions.

When has ever a gun protected someone? :rolleyes:

100,000 - 2,500,000 times per year in the United States alone. Source.
Reply 50
Contrary to popular belief, the usage of guns hasn't really increased; it's just that the media is paying more attention to it - I think they're doing it to get the public scared so eventually the government will grant the police more dictatorial powers so we're 'safer'.

ANYWAY, if you're annoyed at the creation of weapons then this will anger you even more: The USA spends $400 billion on weapons development when $384 billion could be used to end WORLD poverty.

Latest

Trending

Trending