The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ginger.
Bright green's probably bad. I have no dress sense myself, but I tend to think: lighter colours on top, darker ones on the bottom, and don't go for anything fluorescent. I'm wearing red right now which I'd have thought clashed, but doesn't really look that bad.
Reply 3
Dark green always looks good on gingers. And that blue in your pic looks fine.
i think blue goes with ginger pretty well. as does turquoise sometimes. avoid bright pink and red tho. ugh i hate orange and pink together :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Pastels, I think, can be a bit dodgy sometimes, particularly if you have really pale skin which often comes with being a redhead. Dark green/blue/navy tends to work pretty well though :smile:
just whatever you do, stay away from pink.

and avoid bright orange like the plague.

as well as anything neon or Day-glo.
As a fellow ginger I tend to find that moss green is the best colour to go with ginger and purple. I would avoid red and orange (although not totally) and also light, light blue.

*ginger high 5*
Reply 8
Stay away from yellows/oranges for sure. I wouldn't recommend too many pale colours either, especially lilac. Dark colours tend to compliment gingers a lot, e.g. dark red, dark green etc.
Reply 9
i think go for deep colours and keep away from paleish colours :smile:
Halle Burton
just whatever you do, stay away from pink.

pink lipstick looks ******* amazing on ginger people though! (bright!)

edit: not on guys... only on girls!"
Reply 11
Avoid yellow/orange/red/pastel colours/pink, and wear darker shades of green, blue and purple!
Avoid red :P
My friend is a ginger and she looks good wearing anything.
As would you.
the key is to experiment... you would even look great wearing the right jacket that matches ur hair colour, believe it or not =)
As an honorary (former) ginge, I'd say red and orange are the only colours you should steer clear of, although yellow isn't the best either. Purple, on the other hand, is hot.
*Disclaimer* I don't actually know anything about mens' clothin, mind.
as a fellow ginger i avoid:
orange
brown
yellow
cream
white
lilac

Colours I stick with:
Dark green
dark purple
navy blue/midnight blue
burgundy/deep reds
silver (not gold)
Reply 16
Cool, thanks guys. Pretty unanimous then: deep colour = good, pale colour = bad. I don't suppose anyone could hazard a guess as to what colour (or style of clothing, since we're here :p:) might look good on me specifically?

Latest