The Student Room Group

Crush on black girl at uni ? (Uofg)

I have a crush on a girl at my uni , she’s on my course . Glasgow uni is mostly full of white lads and I’m not sure if she fancies white guys. What do I do ?
I have a crush on a girl at my uni , she’s on my course . Glasgow uni is mostly full of white lads and I’m not sure if she fancies white guys.

Well if Glasgow Uni is full of white lads and she doesn't like them and she's single, then she's gonna have a tough time finding love isn't she lol.

Joking apart, with regards to black people in particular, the higher up the education tree you are... then the more likely they are to be open to dating outside their own race. Indeed, there are some (both men and women) who exclusively date white people. Whether or not that's a good thing is debatable... but either way, I'm assuming she would have checked out the uni on an open day or something, and still chose to go there anyway. If she would've had a problem with it being "all white", I'm sure she would have chosen to go somewhere else.

Based on the above, I'd say there's a good chance she's willing to date white guys. I don't know what you or her are like, so I can't comment any further as to whether she would go out with you.

What do I do ?

What should you do?... She's on your course, so I'm assuming you've spoken to her... ask if she fancies grabbing a coffee in between lectures, or a quiet drink at the end of the day. If you haven't already spoken to her, then start. If I were you, I would use something from your course as an ice breaker (e.g. a piece of coursework, help / opinion on a subject matter, ... an "interesting" lecturer etc.). That should be an easy thing to chat about, and it saves you coming on too strong.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Well if Glasgow Uni is full of white lads and she doesn't like them and she's single, then she's gonna have a tough time finding love isn't she lol.

Joking apart, with regards to black people in particular, the higher up the education tree you are... then the more likely they are to be open to dating outside their own race. Indeed, there are some (both men and women) who exclusively date white people. Whether or not that's a good thing is debatable... but either way, I'm assuming she would have checked out the uni on an open day or something, and still chose to go there anyway. If she would've had a problem with it being "all white", I'm sure she would have chosen to go somewhere else.

Based on the above, I'd say there's a good chance she's willing to date white guys. I don't know what you or her are like, so I can't comment any further as to whether she would go out with you.

What should you do?... She's on your course, so I'm assuming you've spoken to her... ask if she fancies grabbing a coffee in between lectures, or a quiet drink at the end of the day. If you haven't already spoken to her, then start. If I were you, I would use something from your course as an ice breaker (e.g. a piece of coursework, help / opinion on a subject matter, ... an "interesting" lecturer etc.). That should be an easy thing to chat about, and it saves you coming on too strong.

I’ll try on Monday, thanks. She always sits by herself at the back I’ll sit next her and maybe compliment her braids ( she seems to have just got them done)
Original post by jay2013
xxxx

What a stupid thing to say 🙄
Original post by Shetlands1235
I’ll try on Monday, thanks. She always sits by herself at the back I’ll sit next her and maybe compliment her braids ( she seems to have just got them done)

Hi,

A bit of advice (coming from a black guy, myself).

I would avoid drawing direct reference to fact that she's black or in any way different. I'm sure I speak on behalf of most black or ethnic people when I say we don't want special treatment... we just want to be treated the same as everyone else, and have some of the carefree freedom / privileges our white friends take for granted. In fact, going on about her skin colour may make it sound like you're "fetishing" her; especially if you bring up a load of black stereotypes. Having said that, there are some people who really want to milk it and will play the race card at any opportunity... although I doubt this girl is like that.

And you don't need to go on & on about how you "love black people / culture", or you're down with mixed race relationships, One girl did this with me, and TBH it kinda put me off her. Honestly, the fact that you're happy to be seen in public chilling and chatting with her like you would with any other human being will be plenty for her.

Also, maybe try talking to her before the class starts and then sit next to her as you'd then naturally want to continue the conversation.

Don't get me wrong here, by all means compliment the braids if you think you can do it in a way that you would compliment any other girl who's just had her hair done... or if you're genuinely interested in the matter.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Just harp on about her poor oppressed people and slavery and you're in there my son 😉 lol.

No seriously nearly all women are obsessed with social hierarchy and climbing the social hierarchy, it's their thing. So as a white dude any African or Asian girl will see you as a massive leap up that ladder. So they will be baying for a white dude. It's an easy way to get your leg over and have a taste of the exotic if that's your thing while at Uni without your parents knowing about it. I chose to skip on all of that and didn't get with any but looking back they would have been an easy lay with little competition. Most white dudes all pile after the hottest looking white chicks each thinking they are the only ones that are and suffice to say most don't really get a look in.

This isn't really true.

A lot of black / Asian girls (and guys) choose not to date outside their race for various reasons, in the same way some white people do. There is some degree of truth if you're talking about those directly from Africa or Asia, who may be less used to white people, but those brought up here, it's no big deal. The user doesn't state whether she's British / western or not.

And no offence, but I really don't like the way you're using the race / power thing.
Reply 6
What a stupid thing to say 🙄

You ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer.

But thanks for playing. Better luck next time 😎
Reply 7
As a black woman, please, NEVER listen to anyone who says we'll be 'baying for a white guy to climb up the social ladder'. Absolutely not. Those are the type of guys we avoid like the plague. We block and ghost men like that. Your skin color should not place you on some weird pedestal. Also, if someone sees you that way, they're fetishizing you as an 'exotic experience' or a 'walking passport', and you should be avoiding them.

As the other commenter said, just approach her normally. There's no science to it. If she's interested and ready to date, she'll let you know. If not, at least, you know you tried. Interracial relationships can be tricky because of the social issues and all that but if you're both mature individuals, it'll work out. Try to compliment her about something non-superficial like her personality or demeanour. That's always appreciated.

Goodluck.
Reply 8
Hi,

A bit of advice (coming from a black guy, myself).

I would avoid drawing direct reference to fact that she's black or in any way different. I'm sure I speak on behalf of most black or ethnic people when I say we don't want special treatment... we just want to be treated the same as everyone else, and have some of the carefree freedom / privileges our white friends take for granted. In fact, going on about her skin colour may make it sound like you're "fetishing" her; especially if you bring up a load of black stereotypes. Having said that, there are some people who really want to milk it and will play the race card at any opportunity... although I doubt this girl is like that.

And you don't need to go on & on about how you "love black people / culture", or you're down with mixed race relationships, One girl did this with me, and TBH it kinda put me off her. Honestly, the fact that you're happy to be seen in public chilling and chatting with her like you would with any other human being will be plenty for her.

Also, maybe try talking to her before the class starts and then sit next to her as you'd then naturally want to continue the conversation.

Don't get me wrong here, by all means compliment the braids if you think you can do it in a way that you would compliment any other girl who's just had her hair done... or if you're genuinely interested in the matter.

PRSOM.

I just had to let you know your advice is perfect!
Original post by Shetlands1235
I have a crush on a girl at my uni , she’s on my course . Glasgow uni is mostly full of white lads and I’m not sure if she fancies white guys. What do I do ?

as a black girl dating a white guy, don't make a big deal out of it. if she doesn't, she doesn't and if she does, she does.
you'll never know unless you try.
Reply 10
This isn't really true.

A lot of black / Asian girls (and guys) choose not to date outside their race for various reasons, in the same way some white people do. There is some degree of truth if you're talking about those directly from Africa or Asia, who may be less used to white people, but those brought up here, it's no big deal. The user doesn't state whether she's British / western or not.

And no offence, but I really don't like the way you're using the race / power thing.
I barely see Asians in Uni except Indians. Most are all in crime and drugs in northern towns. Also it seems incel to rely on uni to pick up women for white men. I know Pakistani drop outs in Bradford who pick up women. I think London is different.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending