The Student Room Group
Reply 1
This belongs in academic help, not the A-level forum.

I'd split it into two sections; 1) Animal cells, 2) Plant cells.

Movement occurs in processes such as diffusion, osmosis and a few others (what are they?). Give examples of when these processes take place (e.g. respiration).
Thik about what moves in cells and how - chromosomes during replicatiion, mRNA during transcription - its diffusion to riosomes, tRNA move amino acids to ribosomes - polypeptides to golgi, vesicles to membrane. Consider substrates moving through metabolic pathways, pyruvate into mitochondria, matrix, to cristae etc.

CO2 into chlorplast and through stroma.. blomey am off on one now!

This is AQA there are tons of essay supports on my blog for Biology spec B where this comes from - pop over for a see. Check out my 4 part guide on essay construction
Reply 3
so it does mean inside and outside the cell?
Reply 4
ok thanx that helps
No - then it would have said through, or into and out of - stick within, thats why I stopped at vesicles moving TO the membrane, you'd get away with facilitate diff in or active transport I think
Reply 6
Ames_x
so it does mean inside and outside the cell?

No, it means movement "inside" cells. Osmosis and stuff doesn't just happen when substances are being taken into the cell from outside.
Reply 7
i need to use relevant content from at least 3 modules and include something relating to plants
Reply 8
thats fine, thanks for your help
Reply 9
I did this essay today!
i went for stuff like this:
movement of substances during resp/photo
movement of water through cells, ie, vacuolar, symplast
tried to get away with some stuff on transpiration and translocation
cell division, ie, DNA replication, movement of chromosomes, etc
protein synthesis
in the synapse, vesicles migrate to the surface
i tried to get some stuff about how virus DNA moves and incorporates itself in it's hosts DNA
hope this helps :smile:
That good stuff - I think you are ok with transllocation and transpiration as its through the cells technically. I like the vesicles at the synapse - could use a similar thing for phagocytosis if you do the microbes option.
Reply 11
chemicalguy
could use a similar thing for phagocytosis if you do the microbes option.

ohhhh damnnn! we just did this module, totally slipped my mind today in class haha
oh well :smile:
Here's my essay page

http://chemicalguy.wordpress.com/synoptic-biology/

There are other resources on the link bar - look on the right mfor synoptic biology.

Good luck to you both

Latest

Trending

Trending