The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Psyk
Worst sentence ever to be missing an apostrophe.

no, i meant i raped my neighbour, i see you didn't understand what i meant
Reply 21
Psyk

There wasn't meant to be an apostrophe. He didn't mean he used to rape their internet connection, he was making a point about how it doesn't make it any less legal just because it's your neighbour i.e. raping a neighbour isn't okay, just like using their wireless.
Reply 22
I did this but disconnected instantly. I felt really guilty :frown:
Reply 23
It's illegal yeah. But it goes on all the time. Just password your own and don't download ****-loads of stuff on anyone else's.
Reply 24
Im on someone elses right now. We have a router and everything but I cant seem to connect my laptop to it - only my desktop pc connects to it :frown: So yeah I've been using one of my neighbours -the signal aint that great but its still ok. When I'm older I think I will set up an unsecure connection call the network 'free internet from jabed' and let people use it at their own risk.
Reply 25
john.miguel
Using kismet you can browse the wireless neighbourhood.

Once you found a victim router, you can see who is connected to this router, what you do is you send packets to the router and client to spoof their MAC addresses.

Once you got the MAC of a client and router connected to each other, you change your MAC address to the client's and inject ARP packets at a incredibly fast rate (ARP replay), causing the router to reply back at a very fast rate. These replies can be saved as ARP dumps. Since this is so fast and accelerated, the router actually reveals its WEP key partially with every packet.

Using the aircrack-ng suite you can use these ARP dumps to decrypt the WEP key algorithmically.

Even a 9 year old can crack WEP/WPA keys nowadays thanks to scripts such as wesside-ng (WEP) and easside-ng (WPA)

Intersting. Will have to try cause there's a few near me. How about WPA/WPA2?

Psyk

:laugh:
Talon
The only way to configure a router so that no one can sneak access is to disable the wireless and use an ethernet cable.

Yeah, I avoid wireless in general but one reason is this. Wireless just sucks, it's unreliable and irritating to constantly have to fix. We have wireless in our uni house and I have to waste so much time fixing it for my idiot housemates.

At home everything is wired and it's excellent.
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
I used to rape my neighbours, it was fine....

Lol! :biggrin:
Frannnnn
my router is called Perverts Cottage. hohohoo

Mines:
*Razzle Dazzle*

I use WPA and Mac filtering on my router.
Reply 29
How can you connect to someone elses network though? I mean does everyone not use a password?...

Not that Im trying, I am currently failing to connect to even my own :rolleyes:
Reply 30
saoirse
How can you connect to someone elses network though? I mean does everyone not use a password?...

Not that Im trying, I am currently failing to connect to even my own :rolleyes:

Worryingly, no, they don't. And anyone with a bit of expertise can cripple WEP security in minutes and poorly passworded WPA security in hours.

I'd always recommend people secure their wireless networks with WPA and select a non-dictionary password of 8 characters or more (ideally using a mix of upper/lower case, numbers and special characters).
Reply 31
Hacked a WEP secured wireless while living in Sydney (Moral of the story - WEP sucks. My programs cracked it in minutes). 3 months of free internet. Win :wink:
Reply 32
Reue
Hacked a WEP secured wireless while living in Sydney (Moral of the story - WEP sucks. My programs cracked it in minutes). 3 months of free internet. Win :wink:

Do you mind PM me and telling me what program you use?
Lets be a little careful here, we are straying ever so close to the line.
Reply 34
Olileauk is correct. Wireless hijacking may be illegal in some countries and certainly is illegal in the UK so I wont give you any tips on how to do it.

Latest

Trending

Trending