The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

I think my bra size may have changed. I've been wearing 32D/DD but I'm finding that the bands of some brands and styles are slightly loose. My underbust is now just under 30 inches and my bust measurement is 35.5 inches (36/37 inches when leaning forward) so I think I need to try a 30DD or 30E. Any advice?
Original post by historygirl
I think my bra size may have changed. I've been wearing 32D/DD but I'm finding that the bands of some brands and styles are slightly loose. My underbust is now just under 30 inches and my bust measurement is 35.5 inches (36/37 inches when leaning forward) so I think I need to try a 30DD or 30E. Any advice?

My measurements are exactly the same - 29 inch back, 35/36 inch bust. I'm currently wearing a 30DD, but I think it's too small, so I'm looking to get some 30Es.

However, these are very expensive. Does anyone have any advice about where I could find some 30Es under a tenner? I'm living on a budget..
Original post by ILovePancakes
My measurements are exactly the same - 29 inch back, 35/36 inch bust. I'm currently wearing a 30DD, but I think it's too small, so I'm looking to get some 30Es.

However, these are very expensive. Does anyone have any advice about where I could find some 30Es under a tenner? I'm living on a budget..

Not sure about under a tenner. But I just got a bra set from brastop in a 30E (bra and knickers). The bra was £12.95 so not bad. They've got a sale.
Reply 2243
Original post by ILovePancakes

eBay. Set up an alert and it'll email you when there are new items in your size/brand/price range/whatever other features you want to specify. I've got loads of bras for under £10 on there (some new with tags, some new without tags, some used - doesn't bother me as long as they're still in good condition and clean, obviously). Other than that, Brastop are cheap, and if there's a Debenhams or Boux Avenue sale coming up then you can get bargains there.
Not sure about under a tenner. But I just got a bra set from brastop in a 30E (bra and knickers). The bra was £12.95 so not bad. They've got a sale.

Original post by Kate.
eBay. Set up an alert and it'll email you when there are new items in your size/brand/price range/whatever other features you want to specify. I've got loads of bras for under £10 on there (some new with tags, some new without tags, some used - doesn't bother me as long as they're still in good condition and clean, obviously). Other than that, Brastop are cheap, and if there's a Debenhams or Boux Avenue sale coming up then you can get bargains there.

Thank you! I'll definitely give these a try :smile:

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

So I tried this http://www.brastop.com/curvy-kate-lottie-bra-raspberry?r=search in a 30E. The fit is pretty good, but the pink mesh is a bit loose. I'm fuller on the bottom so would it be better to try a 30DD or is it the style of the bra that is the problem?

Tyrion, could you help? Thanks
So I tried this http://www.brastop.com/curvy-kate-lottie-bra-raspberry?r=search in a 30E. The fit is pretty good, but the pink mesh is a bit loose. I'm fuller on the bottom so would it be better to try a 30DD or is it the style of the bra that is the problem?

Tyrion, could you help? Thanks

You could try a 30DD< but the style is better for full on top. Sometimes sizing down can help though so you could try it. If you'r cofortable sending pics, I can give you much better advice, but totally understand if you don't wanna do that :smile:
You could try a 30DD< but the style is better for full on top. Sometimes sizing down can help though so you could try it. If you'r cofortable sending pics, I can give you much better advice, but totally understand if you don't wanna do that :smile:

Thanks. Yeah that's what I'm thinking thati's this particular bra rather than the size. I don't mind sending pics in a pm.
Reply 2248
I'm a 32G and they seem so hard to find, always sold out, only place I can seem to get them is online on debenhams. It's so annoying anyone have the same problems?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks. Yeah that's what I'm thinking thati's this particular bra rather than the size. I don't mind sending pics in a pm.

PM me any time and I'll help :smile:

Original post by Elle333
I'm a 32G and they seem so hard to find, always sold out, only place I can seem to get them is online on debenhams. It's so annoying anyone have the same problems?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a 30FF and yeah it is annoying.

Bravissimo
Ewa Michalak
Brastop
Gossard
Freya
Marks and Spencers

try these
Reply 2250
Original post by Elle333

Posted from TSR Mobile

As well as Tyrion_Lannister's suggestions, check Figleaves and Boux Avenue websites :smile: And it's always worth checking Amazon and eBay too! You can get loads of cheap stuff new on eBay, just from a few seasons/collections ago.
2 questions:

Firstly, where can I get some lacey 32D bras - can't find them anywhere!

Secondly, I'm fifteen and am concerned about how my boobs look in proprotion to my body (im a bit self conscious) im about 5'6" and 9st and have 32 D bra that I know is fitted OK. Are they big/average/small - just curious???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2252
Original post by Obiejess
2 questions:

Firstly, where can I get some lacey 32D bras - can't find them anywhere!

Secondly, I'm fifteen and am concerned about how my boobs look in proprotion to my body (im a bit self conscious) im about 5'6" and 9st and have 32 D bra that I know is fitted OK. Are they big/average/small - just curious???

Are you looking for unlined bras (where they're just a thin mesh-like material) or molded/padded ones that have a lacy pattern? If you have any examples of what you're looking for then I'll see what I can think of! Check Boux Avenue - take a look at the Tori or Chloe. Freya and Cleo do some lovely designs, too.

IMO a properly-fitted 32D (see here for examples - if you think you look larger than that then there may still be a better size for you) is on the smaller side of average, not that that's a bad thing. If you're only 15 you'll probably carry on growing for a bit (I'm 24 and my cup size has gone up in the last year or two).
I measured myself as 27 frame size and 34 bust size... what size does this put me at? It seems to suggest that I'm an f cup... but I wear a 30b right now...
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
I measured myself as 27 frame size and 34 bust size... what size does this put me at? It seems to suggest that I'm an f cup... but I wear a 30b right now...

That puts you at a 28E or a 30DD approximately. Best just to try on a few because all shops sizes are different.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
That puts you at a 28E or a 30DD approximately. Best just to try on a few because all shops sizes are different.

Thank you for your help! That seems massive :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Properly fitted 28Es :smile:

http://www.brabandproject.com/gallery/search?band=28&cup=E&age=&brand=&sister_sizes=0&search=Search

Also it's likely you have shallow breasts, read up on this shape and you'll get a better fit :smile:
Properly fitted 28Es :smile:

http://www.brabandproject.com/gallery/search?band=28&cup=E&age=&brand=&sister_sizes=0&search=Search

Also it's likely you have shallow breasts, read up on this shape and you'll get a better fit :smile:

Tyrion you might be able to help with this given you are magic with bras, how the hell do I get cleavage when my boobs are really far apart?

I have one bra that does it just about but its pretty uncomfortable.
Original post by redferry
Tyrion you might be able to help with this given you are magic with bras, how the hell do I get cleavage when my boobs are really far apart?

I have one bra that does it just about but its pretty uncomfortable.

Insertable pads, you can angle them more to the sides so it pushes your boobs closer

Posted from TSR Mobile

A 28E isn't actually that big, it's probably what most people would think of as a b or c cup. That said, I do think sometimes the measurements don't actually reflect boob size, for example my measurements are 27 ribcage and 32 bust which put me at a 28DD/30D... However I know the difference in measurements is more to do with my back getting wider at that point rather than my boobs being that much bigger. That's why I guess it's best just to try on a load of bras!

Quick Reply

Latest